Are you a member of the NRA ?

Are you a member of the NRA ?

• Total voters

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
The entire idea of a RIGHT shows the problem with your mindset .
We actually have no rights apart from what others have bestowed upon us .
These of course can be revoked just as easy as they can be granted,'
That is unless you are a deeply religious person & believe that a God of some sort devined that you must be able to posses a non devine man made item.

This proves you don't understand the concept of 'rights' enumerated in the first ten amendments of our Constitution. Those amendments do not bestow rights to citizens; they forbid the government from taking them away.

John Fitzgerald

Threads
It is sad that you are glad to lose your rights.
Did they go house to house to confiscate your guns?

Are you allowed to speak freely?

Or not so much?
Bert didn't answer, but I from a quick research I gather you can be arrested in Australia (but maybe will not be) for speaking against someone or against the government. So, no technical freedom of speech there.

Ronno6

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the best thing to protect yourself with when the criminal has a gun?

If you are a politician, you have your armed guards take the criminal out.
If you are Diane Feinstesn, you lay down your own gun so that he will do the same.(Urban legend...)
If you are a liberal, you kill him with a drone strike.
If you are a democrat, you give him everything your NEIGHBOR has.....
If you are obama, you apologize to him on a live newscast, or blame Bush if the criminal doesn't leave you in peace.
If you are the main stream media, you blame his plight on conservatives and display his photo and life's story for weeks on end.

If none of the above, you better be armed or be really quick with your fists or feet............

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I live in a rural area, and if the police would happen to come, it would be over a half of an hour to get there.

Up at the end of the road, 2 years ago, we had a double murder, killed a teacher and her daughter, never solved.

Bodies were so badly beaten, throats cut, that it was not described in the local news.

That is why I want a gun.

If a gang of meth heads invades my house with clubs and knives, they will be shot.

Sorry liberal nutballs, that is the way it is.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If they happen to have guns......

Then it'll be like Saturday night in Sioux City!!!!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm in the same boat--I'm not in any city's jurisdiction, so the county cops will be who responds. So at least the first 10 minutes of any confrontation will be up to me to handle.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have called our county's sherriff dept twice on a weekend night after midnight. Both times I was told that they were closed, and I needed to call the state police.

Padroo

Threads
I own guns but would never join the NRA.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ya pay yer dues to join, then they send you requests for donations about every week..........

You must admit, like it or not, they DO have a pretty powerful lobby in Washington, all (like all the other lobbies) powered by BIG Bucks, and in the past, have had a strong influence on gun-law politics ......