Anyone running Microsoft's newest version: 2004 ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm still using the last: 1909, but am happy with it..

Plus I don't wanna lose Firefox as one of my browsers. . Appreciate any input.... Pros.......... Cons etc ..

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
My computer always fails to update to 2004 version, im still on 1909 too. I tried updating last night and it failed... about to contact microsoft.

Lawn Addict
Threads
My computer always fails to update to 2004 version, im still on 1909 too. I tried updating last night and it failed... about to contact microsoft.

MS tried to do an auto update to mine, but it failed, Then they took it away to work out some issues, w/that program.
But has been back for a bit now.
I'm leary if it does update will it change my preferred browsers & everything to MS Edge & etc.

Thanks for your reply. Least I'm not alone.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have no idea what MS 1909 and 2004 are, so this may be of no help to you at all.

I'm running Windows 10 and Firefox as the browser. Have been for quite some time. IIRC, when a new version of Windows installs, it installs Edge or Bing but you can choose whatever browser you want. If at all possible, I avoid using Google.

Joe Kuhn

Threads
I went to Windows 10 as well and had to upgrade my laptop hard drives because they were so slow. Upgrading wasn't that hard. I got some new solid state drives with no moving parts for about $65 and man are they fast. It's like I've got 3 new laptops at home now. Glad I did it. Got Western Digital Blue ssds. Have posted steps if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bought the wife a new HP desk top with Win 10 a year ago. Hear nothing but complaints and all I get done is trying to clean it out so it will work decent for a couple weeks. My Chromebook works flawless and this old Gateway with Win8 also works pretty decent.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just wish Micro$hit would quit forcing thier crap on us. Edge sucks bat $hi+ off cave walls. The search function is garbage and that is just for starters. Just do what i tell you don't pop anything up to me. If i need something i will get it. Computers used to be kinda fun. Linux can't run the programs i need so stuck with windows. Now you must have a microsuck account to enable win 10. Just set up a new computer at church and didn't want to use a microsuck account. Even talked with support. Tough luck, enter an account if you want to get past the screen "We made it better for you"

Joe Kuhn

Threads
I just wish Micro$hit would quit forcing thier crap on us. Edge sucks bat $hi+ off cave walls. The search function is garbage and that is just for starters. Just do what i tell you don't pop anything up to me. If i need something i will get it. Computers used to be kinda fun. Linux can't run the programs i need so stuck with windows. Now you must have a microsuck account to enable win 10. Just set up a new computer at church and didn't want to use a microsuck account. Even talked with support. Tough luck, enter an account if you want to get past the screen "We made it better for you"
I've been able to upgrade without an account. I don't remember how I found it, but when they obsoleted the my old version of Windows, I was able to upgrade at no cost. If you want it, I'll find it for you.