Anyone else have these problems with Wildcat?

KyGolfer

Threads
One thing to check on this mower is the two bearings [item 15] in the idler arm as it may not letting the arm to take up the slack in the belt. THis bearings apparent to be a 6202-2RS bearing.
View attachment 53861
Will the bearing make noise if it was bad? Or is it that the pulley will not turn freely?

KyGolfer

Threads
Thanks for all the advice so far. This thing is driving me nuts. Any other advice on bad parts though? The solenoid I got for a replacement, was a Scag brand solenoid. Not too keen on having to disassemble the solenoid and starter again. Any problems with jumping terminals for now?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer
IE it came from the same factory as Scag use .
OEM Spec means it should be dimensionally and structurally identical to the original Scag belt but is made at a different factory .
Replaces means that it will work but might not be identical dimensions & construction
Gates do not list your belt which usually means that it was not originally made in the USA or Mexico .
The market is global Scag could be buying their belt from China, India , Pakastan, Malyasa or Indonesia , all countries with a massive rubber industry .

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I see that it wasn't a timed belt, I am not real familar with that model.

KyGolfer

Threads
Yes, when I ordered the belt, I thought it was a Scag or equivalent belt. What you posted earlier of the Stens belt is what I received. Since it was still under warranty, it's again what I received yesterday. Before installing, I want to check the pulleys for drag as recommended. I have a small oil leak from one of my hydraulic pumps that I also need to check and see if there is leakage around or possibly on the belt itself. I really appreciate everyone's input, and advice. Still nothing on bad receiving bad replacement parts though. It must be just me then. Thanks again.