Anyone else have these problems with Wildcat?

KyGolfer

Threads
On prior posts, I related issues with a solenoid and it's replacement. Has anyone ever had a new solenoid that was bad? I put old one back on , so I can at least jump the terminals to still use it. Now, believe it or not, back in June, I had a drive belt break that caused a small fire. Since I was changing that belt, I decided to order a deck belt too. Just so I had 2 new belts and should not have any problems for awhile. Wrong. While I'm still trying to wrap my head around the solenoid problem, while mowing a week ago, the drive belt lost all it's "teeth ", and stopped moving. Upon inspection, I was able to pull the thin piece of belt, off the mower, .... IN ONE PIECE. I have to remove the deck belt to install a new one. So , How did this come off in a whole circle? I am waiting on a new replacement, because the belt was under warranty yet. I am not a magician. I'm racking my brain about this. This belt could only go on and work if installed correctly. Right? So, before I install new one again, I thought I would at least ask to see if anyone else has had new parts issues. A solenoid and a drive belt that are defective within a 2 month period? I appreciate any insight.
Scag- SMWC-61A / Kohler CV740S Command Pro 27

Attachments

• IMG_0099 (2).JPG
    IMG_0099 (2).JPG
    796.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0100 (2).JPG
    IMG_0100 (2).JPG
    593.2 KB · Views: 11

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
All i know from experience is that Scag mowers will eat up aftermarket belts. I try several after market pump belts (even Kelvar versions) on the Turf Tigers here and had to go back to Scag OEM belts as they just ate the belts up.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That belt shows signs of rubbing on the inside edge. Make sure you didn't miss a belt guide or something causing the belt to rub on the inside circle... Belt guide on an idler tension pulley is a big possible location. or belt got put on outside of a guide at the engine pulley, or even the pump pulleys

KyGolfer

Threads
That belt was an OEM belt. I don't buy after market products. I will check what ILENGINE posted the next time I put one on. Thanks for input. Any problems with any other new parts that you all bought?

Mower King

Threads
That belt was an OEM belt. I don't buy after market products. I will check what ILENGINE posted the next time I put one on. Thanks for input. Any problems with any other new parts that you all bought?
All the Scag belts we sold had a Scag # on them, that doesn't look like a Scag # on that belt

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No it is not a Scag belt as it is a Stens aftermarket OEM spec belt which may not be OEM spec'd.

All the Scag belts we sold had a Scag # on them, that doesn't look like a Scag # on that belt
That's because it is a Stens belt. Made in India of all places (not known here for making good belts in the first place; referring to India, not Stens).

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is this a timed belt?

stens.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The belt has burned
You can see several spots where it has been eaten away exposing the fibers
This happens when you do not have enough tension on the belt so the pumps put a load on the belt but it slips on the engine pulley burning the belt
So the first question was the belt correctly routed
and the second one is were the tension springs in the correct place.
I have seen all sorts of silly belt runs because the owners failed to take proper notice of the belt run before it was removed.
Same thing with the tension pulley
I have even seen one with the pulley sprung backwards because he owner forgot where the spring went.
If the belt is jambed then the engine pulley rill rip the notches off the belt one at a time.
Once a few come off, the belt will separate .

As previously noted it is a Stens belt, not a genuine Scag belt.
IT IS SUPPOSEDLY AN OEM SPECIFICATION BELT as it is in the 265 series.
I have never had a problem with Stens belts but I have only fitted them to a Liberty

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
One thing to check on this mower is the two bearings [item 15] in the idler arm as it may not letting the arm to take up the slack in the belt. THis bearings apparent to be a 6202-2RS bearing.
WILD drv.JPG

KyGolfer

Threads
The belt has burned
You can see several spots where it has been eaten away exposing the fibers
This happens when you do not have enough tension on the belt so the pumps put a load on the belt but it slips on the engine pulley burning the belt
So the first question was the belt correctly routed
and the second one is were the tension springs in the correct place.
I have seen all sorts of silly belt runs because the owners failed to take proper notice of the belt run before it was removed.
Same thing with the tension pulley
I have even seen one with the pulley sprung backwards because he owner forgot where the spring went.
If the belt is jambed then the engine pulley rill rip the notches off the belt one at a time.
Once a few come off, the belt will separate .

As previously noted it is a Stens belt, not a genuine Scag belt.
IT IS SUPPOSEDLY AN OEM SPECIFICATION BELT as it is in the 265 series.
I have never had a problem with Stens belts but I have only fitted them to a Liberty
Well I learn something everyday. I thought OEM meant that the parts were equally as good as the scag brand itself. How can some company claim that , when it isn't? Also, when before the belt came apart, there was a lot of vibration coming from the tension pulley and spring. When the belt started to loose it's teeth, and before it separated completely, could that have caused the burning look? Still having a mental problem with the separated belt coming off in one circle. I have to remove the deck belt to install the drive belt.