Anybody have winter bonfires?

monica123

Threads
As cold as it is right now, a bonfire in my living room might be a good idea, (joking) but it is cold enough with the wind whipping right through my house. I love bonfires any time of year!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd like to see the photos too as I haven't seen a good bonfire since I was a child. We aren't allowed to light bonfires where I live and we can't do much at all really without jumping through a lot of health and safety hoops!

The pics are visible on page 2 of this thread....:thumbsup:

173abn

Threads
Kenny,JD spelled it right.The tree book I have say they are considered one of the most beautiful trees in N.America but they have their place.In the spring they have white flowers and as said hugh leaves and the long green then brown bean pods.A couple of interesting things about them,the wood is super light.it burns like a punk and the wood is rot resistant and strong for being so light and makes good posts.I have a couple types of oak,ceder,hackberry,hickory,ash ,elm.honey and black locust,purple ash,wahoo,persimmon,pawpaw,redbud,elm,hedge and a few others but no catalpa.I can drive to Topeka and see them all over.By the way JD ,I've got a 1610d Yanmar. russ

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think the laws here permit CONTAINER BURNING after dark, but a fire like mine is considered open burning and therefore it must be out by dark.

After I posted my comment, it occurred to me that "bonfire" means out in the open -- as opposed to in a container.

I do enjoy burning at night and I figure it's pretty safe as long as the fire stays in the container.