Anybody have winter bonfires?

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
I've never had a bonfire at my house before, but I love going and sitting by the fire with other people. Having them at the beach is fun (it's a bit cold now for that though, because of the wind). I've been trying to come up with new, fun things to do for a while. Thanks for the idea:thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've never had a bonfire at my house before, but I love going and sitting by the fire with other people. Having them at the beach is fun (it's a bit cold now for that though, because of the wind). I've been trying to come up with new, fun things to do for a while. Thanks for the idea:thumbsup:

Pile before the burn began, using my JD for size reference

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 001.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 001.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 13

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

About a half hour into the burn, used boxes of newspapers soaked with used motor oil for starting it

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 011.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 011.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 9

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Looking west...

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 015.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 015.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 12

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

My cop neighbor enjoying the warmth...it was 12 degrees with a windchill factor of just below zero during the burning.

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 018.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 018.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 12

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

About 70 minutes into the burn, we tried to light the ends but they were frozen yard debris and wouldn't burn properly, maybe next time !!!

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 023.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 023.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 10

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

90m minute mark, it's going up, oops DOWN fast !!!

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 031.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 031.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 11

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Two hours now, just wish the ends had burnt at the same time...will use the FEL to push them into the center when spring arrives then begin a new brush pile.

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 033.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 033.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 7

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Two and a half hours and it's pretty much burnt down, will begin to cover the ends with snow now because they are doing nothing but smoking.

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 034.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 034.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 8

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads

Te laws where I live say ALL FLAME must be out before dark, it was about two hours before that when I began to bury the pile with snow, that JD really earned it's fuel today.

Attachments

• Lumixpics Vol.2 039.jpg
    Lumixpics Vol.2 039.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 10