Any info on Laser filters?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Possibly.......
I was using Wix, but a new source I found sells the new Kawasaki oil filters for $9.99...... Hard to beat that

se3388

Threads
I was using Kawasaki filters but now I'll start using the Wix because they are readily available at O'Reillys. Maybe someone will post some info about the Laser filters, the price looked good.

Steve............

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IT really amazes me at the obsession I see on this forum to find the cheapest possible oil filters.
Considering at most you would replace them once a season and usually the recommended replacement hours would have you changing them once every 2 to 4 seasons
Thus the cost per mow is a couple of cents
The cost of using a no name brand with no office in the USA who can be sued should the filter fail and bugger the engine can be a lot more than the few dollars saved.
Is there a national honour roll for the users of the least expensive oil filters ?

Having said that, the specifications for MOWER filters are so close to being the same all you really need to do is make sure the threads are the same and yo can fit them into the space.
So if you want cheaper filters and are not scared to buy them in bulk. measure the length & diameter of the filter you are using, go the the Stens web page and search "oil Filter trade pack"
Then select the one that fits your mower, find a couple of Stens dealers in your area or near where you work, and get a price for the trade pack ( 12 filters ).
Some like me will add a single mark up and pass the big savings on to you, others will of course treat them as 12 individual filters.
The trade packs cost me roughly 1/2 what the cost of 12 individual filters would and that is at a wholesale price level.
This should tell a thinking person that the packaging & logistical costs are the largest proportion of the shelf price.
If you get one, make sure you store them open end down in the carton or they will rust , which is why high quality filters come vacuum wrapped in plastic to exclude moisture.

se3388

Threads
If you are referring to me (not sure if you were) I do not have an obsession with cheap filters. I was searching for a replacement filter as Kawasaki had discontinued the one I had bought in bulk for my Bad Boy Kawasaki engine and came across the Laser filters and as I had never heard of them and was asking for any info. Maybe they are from one of the best filter manufacturers there is, I do not know, maybe they are Chinese junk or US junk, so far I don't know. As for filters, I bought Wix filters for now as they seem to have a good rep.

Steve.........

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is the number the Kaw filter crossed to. I'm told this was so it fit many more Kaw engines. But I have no proof of that.
And Wix has a great rep, probably better filter than the Kaw one.

Attachments

• 49065-7007 replacement.jpg
    49065-7007 replacement.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem is always the mower, not the engine .
You need to et one that you can actually get off without removing the engine from the mower.
Thus what Kawasaki engine it fits is fairly irrelevent as all the ones used by Kawasak USA use the same thread.
BEfore Honda exited the market some Kawasaki engines that came from China / Japan / Korea / Who knows had a metric thread.
Weather you got them in the USA I have no idea but we did down here

se3388

Threads
The Kawasaki engine on my B/B has the filter on the side unencumbered by anything so it is easy to remove, no need to remove the engine and it doesn't use metric threads for the oil filter. I use proven quality filters 'weather' they are made in the USA or not.

Steve..........