Any help on getting support from YAT/Craftsman?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is all about dividends
The big investment houses now run nearly every large business now days
They demand massive increases in dividends every year or they vote the entire board & CEO out of the company so in place of running a business in a proper mannar on behalf of all shareholders they are hostage to a couple of very large shareholders
Investment houses do not care about the actual company or it's longevity all they want is profit so they milk it dry then pull their shares out and go ruin another business.
This is the natural end point for listed companies in a unregulated capitalist economy .
So when a superannuation / pension / investment business crows about beating the market by "x%" they have done it by destroying a company or two, usually cheating the government out of taxes and putting thousands out of work.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yelp.. That is just working on a fairly new Snapper mower that Brigg provides parts but is actuctally built by Husqvarna. Briggs Snapper wasnt too smart however as Husqvarna put their part numbers on some of the parts. That how I save the customer nearly $100 on his repair by using the Husqvarna part instead buying them for m Briggs at an inflated price.

And SB&D buying MTD might why I started seeing so many MTD parts being back ordered and priced at near retail from my distributors.
Snapper at Walmart mowers have been manufactured by MTD, Husqvarna, and another company with their only contact is info@chinesecompany dot com. No parts diagrams, not website just an email to contact them for parts or warranty information.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I kinda glad that I only need to stay in this line of work for a few more years then I just let the I know nothing bunch have at it. I am getting tired of the long battles in the war of machine repairs.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@StarTech I have 9 years to retirement, so I will most likely be looking for that myself. But the ways things are moving I am not sure how much gas powered products will be used in 9 years, and the landfills will be filled with lithium ion batteries, and battery powered products.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
@StarTech I have 9 years to retirement, so I will most likely be looking for that myself. But the ways things are moving I am not sure how much gas powered products will be used in 9 years, and the landfills will be filled with lithium ion batteries, and battery powered products.
Yes that happening now as I see more handheld with batteries in use. The commercial line might stay fuel powered a lot longer but consumers switching or at least trying switch to all electric units but they are finding out currently they only work well on well maintained lawns sorted like some of those gutless wonders they sold for riding mowers like the one I got before I upgraded it. It would not cut anything that had to have more than an inch remove.

It is just that these batteries can do a lot damage when they fail right now. They are not 100% safe as they have us to believe but of course nothing ever is.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes that happening now as I see more handheld with batteries in use. The commercial line might stay fuel powered a lot longer but consumers switching or at least trying switch to all electric units but they are finding out currently they only work well on well maintained lawns sorted like some of those gutless wonders they sold for riding mowers like the one I got before I upgraded it. It would not cut anything that had to have more than an inch remove.

It is just that these batteries can do a lot damage when they fail right now. They are not 100% safe as they have us to believe but of course nothing ever is.
Salesman don't like it when I ask which battery powered chainsaw do I use to put the 24+ inch bar on.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Once the reincarnation of P C Barnham ( Musk ) has a few of his cars baking their occupants things will quieten down
And when a few more houses burn down because the battery tools / power walls burst into flames while recharging then demand will drop a bit .
Ride on sales are taking a dive around here as all of the 10 acre blocks hit the $ 2000000 mark and get sold for redevelopement into 50 x 0.2 acre lots which are selling for $250,000 to $ 400,000 at the moment and then they plop a 44 square house on it so a robot mower can cut the grass in 15 minutes.
My pension application is in right now.
Thought I could make a go of the repair business and sell it at a reasonable profit when I hit 70 next year but drought, bushfires, illness then Covid has put an end to that fantacy .
Although it is currently taking around 18 months to process pension applications due funny enough to Covid.
This thing is not going away and it will be at least 2024 before we are vaccinated to a level that we will not continually be tossed into lockdown because government officials can not do their jobs and properly quarrentine flight crews bringing in covid from overseas.
Delta is just the tip of the iceberg there are stronger & more deadly variants on their way as natural selection does what natural selection does .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And when a few more houses burn down because the battery tools / power walls burst into flames while recharging then demand will drop a bit .
I was lucky when my Nicad battery when into Geonuclear meltdown. It was sitting on a metal desk. It took a few days to cool down then it was major pain to get removed from the desk top along whatever was left of the charger.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes.
Having done chemistry I appreciate just how dangerous batteries are
Many of them have more energy stored in them than landmines , RPG & hand held rockets .
Yet we treat them with contempt.
MY small items like phones & torches get charged in the laundry tub
Bigger things like the drill & angle grinder get charged on the BBQ hot plate or welding bench