Any help on getting support from YAT/Craftsman?

wnlewis

Threads
I have a YAT (Your Advanced Tools (Chinese)/Craftsman) lawn mower. It was made in late 2019. I purchased it in June of 2020. No parts are available for it any more.

The engine is Briggs and Stratton (I've not looked for engine parts), but the body is by YAT. Sears disowns any knowledge of the Sears part number on the mower.

YAT was available for some information on the internet. They now appear to have disappeared completely.

The blade needs to be replaced. The part is YAT A025027-002. It has diagonal slots that hold the blade to the adapter.

If I could change the adapter to a standard Briggs and Stratton adapter then I could use a standard blade. Right now I can't locate a blade or an adapter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
what is the mowers model number?

wnlewis

Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Measure the shaft diameter
It is probably a EU B & S engine made in China and might have a 20mm or 25mm shaft.
In that case you will need an early Honda ( pre blade brakes ) blade holder and of course Honda blades.
If it has 7/8" shaft then just about any USA mower bade holder will fit.
The killer will be the cutting width.
IF it is 18" then it could have been made for the NZ / Aus market
Look at the after market parts suppliers catalogues for "blade adapter" or "Blade Holder "

wnlewis

Threads
Thanks! The blade is a 20" high lift mulcher.

I plan to measure the shaft and see what it is. I need to get away from the YAT blade and holder and go to a more universal blade holder.

Thanks again for the help!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well with the Briggs number and type number someone could look up the crankshaft specs which at least narrow the hunt down a little.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
DO they have the Chinese made engines in the Power Portal or just the USA made ones.
Some of the Chinese made B & S engines we saw down here had funny numbers that did not break down into the usual model code & type format.
These engines usually had a 12 digit number electro etched into the crankcase behind the carburettor.
Most of them had metric 20/25mm PTO shafts.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert, If you can give me an actual number I can look to see as it might the serial number format. I won't know until I get to try it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Star.
Not looking for anything at the moment
When I get a new customer I like to download their IPL's so I have them on file and can get in consumables if I don't have them in stock.
As it would happen, the build quality on the Chinese assembled engines was so bad all of the locally branded mowers are now fitted with USA made B &S engine resplendent with big stars & stripes sticker stating "USA MADE ENGINE "
So it is only the throw away big box house brands that come with the Chinese assembled engines, and I just do not service them.
Just like I don't service Sanli , Talon, Ducar , Lifan or World Lawn .
The post was to help wnlewis just in case his engine was a Chinese assembled one with a different series of numbers.
We will have to wait & see what he comes back with .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Understood. It is you just peak my interest as I might see one them here knowing how cheap some vendors and users are. I have seen a couple Lifan engines on generators. A pain to get parts for here.

But of everything is now getting hard to easily get with all the back orders. And Covid see raising it ugly head again here too so things are going get worst yet again.