Another No Spark riding mower thread

mitchstein443

Threads
the single wire going to the coil is the kill wire.. unplug it and see if it sparks up, if it does then you got either a short to ground with tht wire or your ignition switch fried as well..

I have that same exact mower, I use it about 4x's a year just to pickup the leaves in my yard. Minedid a similar thing and I fixed it by removing the kill wire from the coil and adding a newone that just goes to push button to connect it to ground..

StumpyOrson

Threads
the single wire going to the coil is the kill wire.. unplug it and see if it sparks up, if it does then you got either a short to ground with tht wire or your ignition switch fried as well..

I have that same exact mower, I use it about 4x's a year just to pickup the leaves in my yard. Minedid a similar thing and I fixed it by removing the kill wire from the coil and adding a newone that just goes to push button to connect it to ground..
Thanks! For some reason I'm not getting email notifications when there are replies. :(

I pulled the kill switch wire and she's still not firing. I can't seem to find the right coil either. Ordered two off Amazon and both are about 1/4" too short. Look to be made by the same company, probably in "Jyna" somewhere by people that don't care about quality. If you have a coil part number or an idea on where to get one I'd sure appreciate it.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
this is for that model, however, if you can, post the type number as well, that is the series of number after the 287707, to be sure of the correct part number

StumpyOrson

Threads
this is for that model, however, if you can, post the type number as well, that is the series of number after the 287707, to be sure of the correct part number
I can't read any label on the other numbers. Would it be "0224 01"?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Really no way for me to know, however i looked through the whole list the coil is the same P/N for all 287707. Models

enigma-2

Threads
Did you ever check for a blown fuse?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
blown fuse wouldn't prevent it from creating spark.

StumpyOrson

Threads
Guys, who's awesome? You are.
I got spark! That was the right coil and I got it for 14 bucks on Amazon, haha!

However, there's now another problem. The fuel bowl cutoff thingy isn't letting gas go into the carb. Is there a way to troubleshoot it?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
They get varnish build up and become sticky.
Most times you can work some carb cleaner into the plunger hole then flush the gunk out by manually pushing & pulling the plunger
Test the plug, it should read battery voltage with the key in the on or start position.
They are very expensive to replace .