Another No Spark riding mower thread

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Do what Bert said, if it still doesn't work afterwards, snip off the metal rod flush with the top of the solenoid threads. the engine will run fine with out it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great to hear it has spark.

I would armorize that wiring harness. Looks like a lot of wire rubbing going on. Get some Scotch Super 88 electrical tape. Cleanly wrap the wires after repairing. Get some black plastic loom to cover the harness. Tape that all up again. Use cable restraints to anchor the harness to the mower. Solder and heat shrink away.

slomo

StumpyOrson

Threads
That was it. I unscrewed the carb plug, poked it in and out several times, and put it back in. Boom, full fuel and she fired right up again. Another Lawnmowerforum success!
Thanks a lot guys. I'm putting him back together today and I will definitely run the wires back through the cable guards and re-tape them up. I don't want to have another electrical issue - ever!

My grass is about 18" tall. I can't wait to get him flying down the turf again.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
That was it. I unscrewed the carb plug, poked it in and out several times, and put it back in. Boom, full fuel and she fired right up again. Another Lawnmowerforum success!
Thanks a lot guys. I'm putting him back together today and I will definitely run the wires back through the cable guards and re-tape them up. I don't want to have another electrical issue - ever!

Jack the deck all the way up on the initial cut.

You know, I bet there was more to this story..... Like someone forgot to put gas in the tank? LOL Hey I've done it by leaving the gas off.

slomo

StumpyOrson

Threads
Jack the deck all the way up on the initial cut.

You know, I bet there was more to this story..... Like someone forgot to put gas in the tank? LOL Hey I've done it by leaving the gas off.

slomo
Haha! I haven't done that since the first month I got it. I couldn't believe how thirsty this thing was and expected to get two mows out of a tank. Think again, Orson!
That little plunger was sticky so my guess is that varnish was the problem. Sitting too long while i tried to figure out what happened. I run straight gas, no ethanol.

mitchstein443

Threads
yah the fuel bowl cutoff... here's what Ido with them....

remove the solenoid from the bowl, cut the plunger off.. reinstall the solenoid and replace gasket if it tore coming off. cut the 12v wire connector and tape it off... it will never stop the flow of gas again.. However, when storing the tractor for a long time and if it does not have a fuel pump (gravity fed fuel line) crimp off the fuel line so the gas in the carb does not evaporate and get replaced and keeps evaporating and getting replaced which will quickly build up that gunky mess and ruin the carb...

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Or install a fuel shut-off valve inline to the carb.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads

Post up a video of the tall grass slaying please. Love those HOA slash Sheriff notice over-grown yards on youtube.

slomo

StumpyOrson

Threads
Post up a video of the tall grass slaying please. Love those HOA slash Sheriff notice over-grown yards on youtube.

slomo
That would have been neat, but I've been using a push mower. 21" lawnboy. Talk about overworked, I could write a book titled "from here to eternity" after a day pushing that thing in the sun

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
That would have been neat, but I've been using a push mower. 21" lawnboy. Talk about overworked, I could write a book titled "from here to eternity" after a day pushing that thing in the sun
A pusher still gives you satisfaction of having the cleanest, best looking cut of all mowers. Especially over a 0-turn that ruts the turf severely.

slomo