All the sudden starts surging, pic of carburetor.

hollydolly

Threads
Being a twin barrel carburetor is very possible the main jets are loose as their retaining o-rings will shrink and harden with age. When this happens they leak excess fuel themselves leading to a surging engine.
These tiny o-rings are available from Kawasaki dealers like JD or small shops like mine when your are a local customer. I do mean tiny. You can even loose the jets if not careful upon carburetor disassembly.
Can I get to the jets by taking the cover off with the 3 Phillips screws?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Nope. They are contain inside the fuel transfer (emulsion) tube inside the fuel bowl. So the carburetor and intake manifold has to be removed from the engine.
1673370185686.png

Threads
Bought new in 2010, Zero turn JD EZ Track 54 inch
All the sudden it started surging, dies at idle. The only time it stops surging is at full throttle with blades engaged.
Tried to add pic but says file too large for server ???
you have lean fuel condition could be carburator or gaskets causing lean fuel condition

Threads
Being a twin barrel carburetor is very possible the main jets are loose as their retaining o-rings will shrink and harden with age. When this happens they leak excess fuel themselves leading to a surging engine.
These tiny o-rings are available from Kawasaki dealers like JD or small shops like mine when your are a local customer. I do mean tiny. You can even loose the jets if not careful upon carburetor disassembly.
this carburator is a problem child and very expensive if purchased from dealership but a cheap carburator even if new might sometimes take more than one carburator to get a good one also check intake it can cause your fuel problem

Johner

Threads
As above "Star Tech" had same problem, replaced o'ring runs great. They are very small mine was cracked.

hollydolly

Threads
Today, i choked it a little and it ran smooth until i engaged mower and started surging. Set throttle normal and it surges, engage mower and runs smooth.
No problems for 11 years, basic maintenance and since new 100% gas.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
where is the O ring?
Again they are on the jets inside the fuel transfer tube. That is if you haven't already lost the jet(s).
1673791339586.png
And here is a size reference.
1673793975756.png