Air gauge.

Threads
Is there any such thing as one that is accurate? I was checking my trailer, and truck tires with mine I used 4 different gauges, and got a different reading from each one that was way apart on each gauge.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Four gauges makes for a stressful life . :laughing: Sell all four and buy one good gauge by adding a few bucks in the hat. They ain't cheeeeep . Some of the racing folks can recommend good gauges I suspect . While you are buying go ahead and get the equalizer hose or make one . That way you'll know all the tires on a particular vehicle are equal or 2 front and 2 rear if desired . With my equalizer hose I can rob air from my wife's car tires to air my lawn tractor tires :thumbsup:

Threads
Four gauges makes for a stressful life . :laughing: Sell all four and buy one good gauge by adding a few bucks in the hat. They ain't cheeeeep . Some of the racing folks can recommend good gauges I suspect . While you are buying go ahead and get the equalizer hose or make one . That way you'll know all the tires on a particular vehicle are equal or 2 front and 2 rear if desired . With my equalizer hose I can rob air from my wife's car tires to air my lawn tractor tires :thumbsup:

Yep I thought I had a decent one I paid $30 for that stupid thing but it was about 12psi off from the cheaper ones. I also bought one of the dial gauge style ones, and it gives a total different reading from the other 3. I compared it to the $30 one, and those 2 where the ones that where 12 psi apart on the readings. Both are campbell hausfeld gauges.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Went through a dozen until I broke down and got one from the Snap-On guy. Cost less than $20 if my memory is still with me.

Threads
Went through a dozen until I broke down and got one from the Snap-On guy. Cost less than $20 if my memory is still with me.

You know I completely forgot about snap-on (Duh) I will check one of them out. I guess I was so aggravated with these I forgot about the other name brands. Thankyou for the tip I will check on one tomorrow.

possum

Threads
I have two cheap light as paper Harbor Freight ones. They both read the same. I have one old heavy one that is at least 40 years old. It reads the same as the two cheapo ones.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I can't see a few psi from one gauge to the next would be any big thing. Just use the same gauge for all the tires on the same vehicle. Its a lot more important to have all tires with the same psi then a few psi one way or the other.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Intercomp 360060

Go to a race track and you will see a hundred of these. 1 pound off can win or lose a race

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Bob E

Threads
I can't see a few psi from one gauge to the next would be any big thing. Just use the same gauge for all the tires on the same vehicle. Its a lot more important to have all tires with the same psi then a few psi one way or the other.
+1

The inline tire gauges on gas station air pumps are usually junk, but other than that I've never encountered this problem. I had to double check all of my gauges after I read this. They all read the same. I have 2 Victors and one no name truck stop special. One Victor is a regular tire gauge and the other is a dial gauge.
Also I don't mean to patronize, but make sure you are seating the gauge all the way on the valve stem, otherwise it will be difficult to get an accurate or consistent measurement.

Threads
Mine where several lbs apart so I dont know if any of them, or which one is correct.