Age old question, Winter Storage?

BTBO

Threads
Suggesting: Replace the petroleum based engine oil with new quality synthetic, then run it for a few minutes before shutting it down for winter. You can keep this engine oil for the coming season.
South Louisiana here. Our winters aren't very brutal, though occasionally will get down to upper teens/lower 20's. I have a Scag w/Kawasaki engine, TroyBilt push mower w/Honda engine and a Yamaha generator. I only burn non-ethanol fuel with a mixture of Seafoam (3 oz per gallon of gas) Yamaha Ring Free and Stabil Marine. Every June (the start of hurricane season) I fill 7 - 5 gallon cans with this potion and use as needed. And every year I have at least 10 gallons left over from the previous year, which is to say that fuel is at least a year old, sometimes 14+ months. All 3 engines fire up easily. It helps that during the off season when grass is dormant, I will crank up those machines twice monthly and let them run for 5 -10 minutes. Been doing this for 5 years now with nary a problem.

Rickcin

Threads
South Louisiana here. Our winters aren't very brutal, though occasionally will get down to upper teens/lower 20's. I have a Scag w/Kawasaki engine, TroyBilt push mower w/Honda engine and a Yamaha generator. I only burn non-ethanol fuel with a mixture of Seafoam (3 oz per gallon of gas) Yamaha Ring Free and Stabil Marine. Every June (the start of hurricane season) I fill 7 - 5 gallon cans with this potion and use as needed. And every year I have at least 10 gallons left over from the previous year, which is to say that fuel is at least a year old, sometimes 14+ months. All 3 engines fire up easily. It helps that during the off season when grass is dormant, I will crank up those machines twice monthly and let them run for 5 -10 minutes. Been doing this for 5 years now with nary a problem.
That is a whole bunch of additives! I‘ve read that sea foam is excellent at cleaning but I though I read somewhere that once a can (it’s expensive) has been opened, it has a short shelf life? It is a great product.
i know for sure that the regular Stabil has a shelf life of 12 months once it’s been opened.

davis2

Threads
I also use the stabil Marine, non ethanol fuel, and a couple ounces of Marvel Mystery Oil per 5 gallon can. I don't keep fuel around too long, but since I moved to the Delmarva peninsula in Maryland, the hurricane has become a concern like the huge lake effect snow falls I dealt with in NY. I was just SE of Lake Ontario.

GearHead36

Threads
View attachment 69285For my batteries, I use these remote leads, cost like $3.00 with fusible link.
I have several Battery Tenders with these leads on various vehicles and equipment. I keep my mowers on BT's at all times. They only get cranked at most once a week. BT's are great.

BTBO

Threads
That is a whole bunch of additives! I‘ve read that sea foam is excellent at cleaning but I though I read somewhere that once a can (it’s expensive) has been opened, it has a short shelf life? It is a great product.
i know for sure that the regular Stabil has a shelf life of 12 months once it’s been opened.
According to Seafoams website, as long as it sealed tightly after being opened, there really is no concern about shelf life.

bullet bob

Threads
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF STA-BIL FUEL STABILIZER? The shelf life of all STA-BIL brand products is 2 years after the bottle has been opened, provided it has been tightly capped and stored in a cool, dry place. It will not harm anything if you use an old bottle of STA-BIL brand, it just may not be as effective.