About LMF......

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've been to several Lawn mower sites over the past 2 days, and they all have forums, or newsgroups. But, they're all dead as doornails. the last post on many are from months ago!

I know it's not the mowing season, but how has LMF managed to be as alive as it is? I stumbled across it from a google search......

Did the core group of you know each other prior to starting the site? Or is it all just dumb luck?

Murry Furry

Threads
I have been looking for a forum that was into what i like, and i think that this is more. I also found this place by google.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been looking for a forum that was into what i like, and i think that this is more.

I am the same. It's why I posted this question. Lawmowers are such a niche that it's hard to find any central place to talk about them. Most forums' general rooms like to talk lawn mowers as much as they like to talk about R/C heli's (which I'm also into). Which isn't much at all.

I just wondered how they got it going, that's all. I'm glad I found it, that's for sure!

Murry Furry

Threads
i'm so glad that there is a place for us lovers of throse working horses to find each other. most people don't see mowers the way i see them. But our day, and age will come. when times get hard people start looking at what they have, and not what they don't. we are already a step ahead. we are in love with what we have. My love for my mower is so deep that i always see it at lest once a day. i go on very little vacztions with my family because i can't stand to be away from my machines for to long. every thing with a gas motor around me i have a bond with. every mower that i have sold i made sure went to a good place. When i had to sell my 250 honda to settle my debts, it broke my heart, but we can always pick our selfs up. there will always be a mower to rescue, an engine to save, a motor to restore. we just have to keep looking toward the future, but not let the past be forgoten.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm pretty sure that this site is run by the same people who do TractorByNet.com -- I heard about LMF via an email from them. I was a TBN member at the time.

I also get attached to some of my machines -- but they have to have two-stroke engines or some other interesting feature -- otherwise I can't get too excited. I'm always on the lookout for a two-stroke Lawn Boy in reasonably good condition. They don't make them anymore and they're some of the finest mowers ever made.

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
About 2/3 of the members came from TractorByNet, which is a site and forum for compact & utility tractors. The rest find us through google, etc. :thumbsup:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
No matter how you got here, it's good to have everyone... there are more than just a few from other countries, so someone is always mowing grass somewhere...

This is an exceptional tolerant group of mostly fun loving folks ... many of who like internal combustion in some form or the other... and are anxious to get others excited about anything doing with yards & lawns...
:smile:KennyV