A decision for the Mods and Administration

bwdbrn1

Threads
This is the United States of America, and if my recollection of history taught to me in grade school is correct, a couple of the foundations of this country were set upon freedom of speech and freedom of religion. While I may never intend to put anything of that sort in my own signature, I do respect the member who has for his devotion to his beliefs and applaud his strength in sharing them with the world, and I will defend his right to do so.

Jesus is coming. Do you have the balls to be ready?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Freedom of speech? If somebody has a "Jesus is coming" bumper sticker, do you stop driving to avoid seeing it?

I'm inclined to administer the forum along the lines of what the majority of the membership wants. If that includes a ban on some content, then so be it. But I can tell you that it's a can of worms that will never get closed.
I see you omitted a very important part of the phrase " are you ready"?
Try putting the complete phrase on the bumper.

To me this is saying Chosen thinks he is ready and it may be questionable, for anyone reading that statement, if they are as ready as he is. So if you aren't following his religious beliefs you probably aren't ready and never will be.

This is all I have to say on the subject. The decision concerning my original post is yours and I would appreciate a public notification on the forum one way or the other.

SandburRanch

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I agree 100% this is not the place for it.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

Also agree, This is a "LawnMower" location...
I personally do not care to see folks inject religion, politics or any other sanctimonious nonsense in my day.
I had been a bit put out with the inclusion of a religious reference on our currency, until it was pointed out that it was actually a facetious remark, as demonstrated over & over by our Federal Reserve.
That and other religious phrases are generally used to separate people rather than to unite them. So any timee they can be reduced I'm in favor...
It's like most other things that people often 'claim' to believe in, If you feel a need to repeat it over & over, you are likely trying to convince yourself.
Now if something included is meant to be humorous or funny... Not a Problem. But even that might become offensive to some, so again, leaving religion and political ideologies OUT of these Forums is probably the Best... :smile:KennyV

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Also agree, This is a "LawnMower" location...
I personally do not care to see folks inject religion, politics or any other sanctimonious nonsense in my day.
I had been a bit put out with the inclusion of a religious reference on our currency, until it was pointed out that it was actually a facetious remark, as demonstrated over & over by our Federal Reserve.
That and other religious phrases are generally used to separate people rather than to unite them. So any timee they can be reduced I'm in favor...
It's like most other things that people often 'claim' to believe in, If you feel a need to repeat it over & over, you are likely trying to convince yourself.
Now if something included is meant to be humorous or funny... Not a Problem. But even that might become offensive to some, so again, leaving religion and political ideologies OUT of these Forums is probably the Best... :smile:KennyV

I think you may need to take a look at Muhammad's post again because it's like he said you're going to open a can of worms that will never get closed. This forum and the Administration has been a pretty lenient for the the most part on things considered infringing or offensive, obscene or unacceptable and it's practice of editing it's material. To me it would be a shame to throw it and its atmosphere all away because of a couple of members that don't like a religious quote that as Muhammad says you see everyday on someones bumper driving down the road.

As I said before as near as I can tell the individual hasn't broken any forum rules that I know of and is entitled to there signature, but if you and a few others want the editing practices to take place I'm sure that Muhammad can accommodate you but keep in mind that this forum could become very uncomfortable as well as unpopular place for the other 22000 plus members it can effect.

Last edited:

macsplinter

Threads
The United States of the offended. Good Grief

bakerg

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is our society becoming too PC? :confused2: I don't think anyone was trying to offend anyone, just stating what on their mind. Freedom of speech is a great thing.:thumbsup:

macsplinter

Threads
Freedom of speech? If somebody has a "Jesus is coming" bumper sticker, do you stop driving to avoid seeing it?

I'm inclined to administer the forum along the lines of what the majority of the membership wants. If that includes a ban on some content, then so be it. But I can tell you that it's a can of worms that will never get closed.

Please remove me from the membership. I don't think this is the place for me.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

okiepc

Threads
Thing is, we are here on this site to learn or to help others with problems & sometimes just for fun, we should not let the small stuff bother us as we are a mix of people from all over the place. Some may think my signature is offensive though it is just humor to me, if we let this problem bother us we as individuals have but a couple of choices. Lets keep this site fun and valuable & be friends. :2cents: I belong to several forums, some for many years, but I consider this my favorite because of the friendly helpful people who take time out of their lives to help others for no monetary gain what so ever. :cool: