746-0879 For MTD Tiller

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
PTO cable for a MTD tiller, 212-390-000.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It anyone has it, it is going to be NOS part. None in my inventory.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
It anyone has it, it is going to be NOS part. None in my inventory.

I've noticed that. I can't find it anywhere. You'd think this would be a readily available aftermarket part. But I can't even find one on Ebay or Amazon. If I can't find it here, maybe I can rig something.
Was trying to adjust it out for the new belts, when the threaded part broke. I'm pretty sure I can't weld it back and make it hold.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Know how you feel. I just had kill off a Stihl 009 that I repaired the carburetor, brought a clutch drum for; to have the oil pump to clog up and none of the parts are available.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I've noticed that. I can't find it anywhere. You'd think this would be a readily available aftermarket part. But I can't even find one on Ebay or Amazon. If I can't find it here, maybe I can rig something.
Was trying to adjust it out for the new belts, when the threaded part broke. I'm pretty sure I can't weld it back and make it hold.
Welding cables that are under load rarely works for very long.
If you are going to make a go of this you really need to find a control cable maker.
I have not fitted a genuine cable to anything ever.
If I can't make it with the gear I have here then it is off to Conwire to get them to make me a copy .
Usually it is about 20% to 30% of the wholesale price of an after market cable and about 5% to 10% of the retail price.
Now I know USA parts prices are a lot cheaper than OZ ones but slipping the cable into a satchel and sending it off for copying takes far less time that scouring the web hoping the part you end up with will fit.