54" BAD BOY MZ Magnum (zero turn) Blade Replacement OEM Blades - Blades Slipping

RevB

Threads
  • / 54" BAD BOY MZ Magnum (zero turn) Blade Replacement OEM Blades - Blades Slipping
My dealer has an assortment of belts hanging on the wall which were shredded by owners starting the blades at idle. As an example of, “don’t do this.”

I don’t understand how this “soft start” would not create more problems than it solves?
That's the problem with not understanding physics.....it acts over milliseconds not instantaneously. The difference between letting the clutch out slowly or just dumping it. But I guess if all you've ever experienced is an automatic that makes no sense either.

GrumpyCat

Threads
  • / 54" BAD BOY MZ Magnum (zero turn) Blade Replacement OEM Blades - Blades Slipping
That's the problem with not understanding physics.....it acts over milliseconds not instantaneously. The difference between letting the clutch out slowly or just dumping it. But I guess if all you've ever experienced is an automatic that makes no sense either.
Mechanical engineer driving manual transmission since 1975. Try me on the physics.

Fact: Idle speed activation of electric PTO shreds belts. Manufacturer says 2/3rd to full throttle when activating.

What the manufacturer says is not intuitive but real world experience supports their instruction. Yet you claim an aftermarket gadget makes it better? How? “Milliseconds” suggests slipping the expensive clutch rather than slightly less expensive belt. The manufacturer doesn’t seem to think this is necessary. Perhaps the blade drive is designed to absorb the shock of dumping the clutch? Motorcycles are designed to withstand dumping the clutch.