52 in ex mark blades hitting

southam

Threads
Just installed 3 new blades..engaged the blades and 2 were hitting each other. they seem the same size i took off.. is the middle blade slightly smaller???

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No the blades should be the same size. They may need to be clocked. Model number of the mower and I can look it up.

southam

Threads
Hey thanks,,, Just got back from repair shop. They said no blade set position.Makes sense to me cause if they hit something hard they could move position. Just the right and middle blades touch. No play in bearing .. model LZAS27KC524

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check the bearing in right and center spindles. They may be going bad. Also check the spindle bolts make sure the are tight.

Exmark1

Threads
Southam - If the blade has taken an impact, the deck and/or cutter housing spindle could be bent. To check the spindle, remove the deck belt and spin the blade from the underside of the deck watching the blade bolt. The bolt should run concentric, if it runs in an ellipse, the spindle is likely bent. To verify the deck is straight, remove the cutter-housing and place a straightedge on the topside of the deck; check for daylight under the straightedge.

Please contact Exmark Customer Service at 800-667-5296 with your model number and serial number if you have further questions. The team is staffed with trained technicians from the factory who can help you troubleshoot your issue. Thanks.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try measuring the blades for length to determine if one is shorter.

Blade clock, timing, positioning when installed. If your mower has standard V belts they can be timed when installed but after the first pto engagement I guarantee they won't be timed even if they hit nothing but air.

southam

Threads
Thanks everyone....The middle spindle shaft is slightly bent. going to trim middle blade till i replace .

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dont do that you will unbalance the blade and god know what you will break then.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks everyone....The middle spindle shaft is slightly bent. going to trim middle blade till i replace .
Stop sit down and think about it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wow the shaft is $115.00 I'm glad I don't have an eXmark. I can replace all of mine (3 complete spindles) for $92.00. 250 hours and only had to replace one. Would not of had to replace that one if I had cleaned out the small wire that wrapped around the spindle. No I just mowed with it for one season. Could not understand why the left blade always cut about 1/16" lower than the others at the end of the season.