5 HP CRAFTSMAN edger engine muffler is loud and leaks from crack in middle

yeah, so this afternoon I cleaned the air filter, re-gapped the sparkplug which is SUPPOSED TO BE 0.030, BUT WAS AT 0.060, and shot a bit of seafoam deep creep into the needle hole, and this thing... ok, I start it right up and immediately notice the difference of tension in the throttle, and at full throttle, this beast sounds insane loud, is a champion at edging, and could be a 40MPH GO-KART engine. Wow, the things seafoam can do... by the way, the real "champion" is the champion sparkplug hahaha.
 
I replace them but you can wash them in kerosene or even gasoline OUTSIDE AWAY from flames, and let it dry. Or just some hot soapy water in the sink should clean it too. If you have some mineral spirits or stoddard solvent that works well too and is less flammable.
 
Back
Top