320 mower deck zerk

Glyn Robinson

Well-Known Member
what was the reasoning behind using pressed in grease zerks on the deck spindles? was wanting to replace the center one with a 90 degree one so i could access it better. thanks
 
One would assume ther are self tapping grease nipples although I have never seen one retail.
Grease nipples are usually a tapered pipe thread so they seal.
Any good bearing , machine tool type shop will keep them.
I use metric ones so I just tap the hole one size smaller if it is going into alloy which will deform to the nipple.
 
Use a 1/4 28 tap for a screw in fitting or install a press in fitting , they make then in 90%. I install the press in fittings with a driver make to install them. The problem with taping the hole for a screw in fitting you can get metal chips into the bearing which will do more harm then good.
 
Back
Top