2009 1st edition Tiger Cub 48"

jfacts

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi: It seems my left hand pump and wheel motor need replacement. The left hand wheel motor - OEM is no longer available. Any ideas to salvage this awesome machine ? Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Would need model and serial number to look up the unit.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Both HG pumps are available.

BDP-10A-316 > superseded to PG-1KCC-DY1X-XXXX (LH) lists for 627.04 as I just update my system list prices the end of June.
BDP-10A-419 > superseded to PG-1GCC-DY1X-XXXX (RH) lists for 627.04.
HG HGM-15E-3138 wheel motors are listed as NLA by Scag but are available. Very expensive.
But you can use the Oregon 27-504 motors. Both sides are using the same motors and the Oregon motors are half the price of the Hydro Gear ones. List at 1025.60.

Here is one on eBay. Just this not an Oregon wheel motor but an after market version. Personally I would just go to Amazon and get the Oregon motor for 582.61. but that the repair shop in me speaking. As you can go too cheap and get burned.

Please remember to torque the hub nut to spec. I just replaced one last fall where another shop didn't torque nut and the customer ruin a working motor shaft and they are not replaceable.

Last edited:

jfacts

Forum Newbie
Threads

BDP-10A-316 > superseded to PG-1KCC-DY1X-XXXX (LH) lists for 627.04 as I just update my system list prices the end of June.
HG HGM-15E-3138 wheel motors are listed as NLA by Scag but are available. Very expensive.
But you can use the Oregon 27-504 motors. Both sides are using the same motors and the Oregon motors are half the price of the Hydro Gear ones. List at 1025.60.

Here is one on eBay. Just this not an Oregon wheel motor but an after market version. Personally I would just go to Amazon and get the Oregon motor for 582.61. but that the repair shop in me speaking. As you can go too cheap and get burned.

Please remember to torque the hub nut to spec. I just replaced one last fall where another shop didn't torque nut and the customer ruin a working motor shaft and they are not replaceable.
Hi: Glad you seem to think the same direction that I do; I'm already considering replacing 'both' side pumps and wheel motors, along with hoses, filters, fluid, etc., since if one goes, the other side can't be far behind and if rebuilding them (pumps and wheel motors), I'd rather do that for the right side before catastrophic failure like we've had with the left side. All that, enters my consideration. All that said, is the Oregon brand an upgrade from the OEM ? If not, I'm aware that there are other pump and wheel motor manufacturers - you surely are also. If I'm going to all this bother, I'd far prefer to improve what I have. *Also, I should mention that my rear wheels on the Cub have been canted in at about 10 degrees for some time now, and the tires are bald on the insides as a result. Also, I mention that we run with the heavy duty, deluxe rear mount 3 bag collection system and it's a prime consideration in keeping this machine going. (weight perhaps a factor for wheels canting inward ? ) Please share your thoughts. I do so appreciate you experience.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Hi: Glad you seem to think the same direction that I do; I'm already considering replacing 'both' side pumps and wheel motors, along with hoses, filters, fluid, etc., since if one goes, the other side can't be far behind and if rebuilding them (pumps and wheel motors), I'd rather do that for the right side before catastrophic failure like we've had with the left side. All that, enters my consideration. All that said, is the Oregon brand an upgrade from the OEM ? If not, I'm aware that there are other pump and wheel motor manufacturers - you surely are also. If I'm going to all this bother, I'd far prefer to improve what I have. *Also, I should mention that my rear wheels on the Cub have been canted in at about 10 degrees for some time now, and the tires are bald on the insides as a result. Also, I mention that we run with the heavy duty, deluxe rear mount 3 bag collection system and it's a prime consideration in keeping this machine going. (weight perhaps a factor for wheels canting inward ? ) Please share your thoughts. I do so appreciate you experience.
Oregon brand is aftermarket. What makes you think you need a new pump and drive motor? How many hours on mower? What are the symptoms and problems the pump and wheel motor are exhibiting?

jfacts

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nothing we know of yet. When the left pump and drive quit, the machine would not move under power. There are not that many hours on it, I'll have to call and check for certainty. It was run commercially for one season when new, the retired to cutting only one acre since then.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The left side always goes first because it is on the "push" side of the belt so under load it tends to slip which makes the pump turn slower so more load on the oil
When you get your new pump/motor you will see why.
VERY IMPORTANT which is why I am yelling
Take lots of photos when you remove each part as it is very easy to assemble them backwards

jfacts

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oregon brand is aftermarket. What makes you think you need a new pump and drive motor? How many hours on mower? What are the symptoms and problems the pump and wheel motor are exhibiting?
As left side began failing, there were a lot of growling and grinding noises on the left side, along with the motion failures.

jfacts

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hi Star Tech: Are rebuild kits available for the Hydrogear pump and wheel motor that have failed ? If so, would you share the part number, price, and availability ? Thank you. *edit in> It just occurred to me that you've said nothing regarding our rear wheels canting inward / \ at about 10 degrees and unevenly wearing the rear tires. (?) Thank you for your time.