16.5 hp Briggs and Stratton I turn the ignition switch and flywheel only turns 1/4 of the way around and stops. If I keep turning the key eventually

eagle86801

Threads
  • / 16.5 hp Briggs and Stratton I turn the ignition switch and flywheel only turns 1/4 of the way around and stops. If I keep turning the key eventually
If the valves have to be done I'll have to bring it to a professional I'm not good at such things. Thank you for your help

Threads
  • / 16.5 hp Briggs and Stratton I turn the ignition switch and flywheel only turns 1/4 of the way around and stops. If I keep turning the key eventually
16.5 hp Briggs and Stratton I turn the ignition switch and flywheel only turns 1/4 of the way around and stops. If I keep turning the key eventually it will start and run strong . 2022 a new battery, solenoid ,ignition switch its started normally from Oct 2022 until May 15 2023 now its acting up again . I ordered a new coil .

Threads
If its what you think it is it worth fixing or toss it out its got 675 hours on it ? thanks for you info and reply
Check valve clearance adjustment, especially if overhead valves. All of these type loose adjustment and severely disables the compression release on startup. Normal valve clearance is small and subjective to wear. Briggs and Kohler