10525 Lawnboy no start issues

FuzzyDriver

Threads
A week later. Well I guess I know what's going on with both of my 10525's now. Turned on the fuel valve and then a couple of pumps on the primer bulb. Both mowers started on the first pull. Looks like both of them need a needle and seat in the carb. Put it on the list!
Can't tell whether "Put it on the list!" means you are going to go with running it out of gas after each use, at least for a while. Also, are you planning on not running it out of gas after you change the needle valves and seats?

intruder1500

Threads
Can't tell whether "Put it on the list!" means you are going to go with running it out of gas after each use, at least for a while. Also, are you planning on not running it out of gas after you change the needle valves and seats?
Well since I have 2 identical mowers I thought I would go one step further. As you may have noted I put some Sea Foam in both mowers prior to starting them on the first pull. So....just to see if that had any affect I am going to start one with the fuel valve open for a couple of days and the other not. Could be a while since we had snow today but that's my plan. PS - added to my long list of things to do!

intruder1500

Threads
It appears that this saga does not have an ending yet... fuel turned off on both 19525's and carbs run dry....Sea Foam added to both fuel tanks and run for a few minutes prior to shutdown. Original mower...turn on fuel...3 primer bulb pushes with choke on...no start. Push primer bulb several more times...no go. Pull plug and completely dry....resolution ...replace needle and seat and carb rebuild as sometimes its flooded and sometimes no fuel. Second 10525...turn on fuel....1 primer bulb push with choke on and starts on first pull. Resolution... correct first mower issue before I start screwing around with the second one. Thank goodness I have 2 spare carbs and a complete running back up engine. Never mind all of the other miscellaneous 10525 parts.

intruder1500

Threads
Wow that was a surprise....turned out to be an intermittent coil issue. Happy Days!

WIKEDDF

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today, I was cleaning the carburetor on the 10550 because it was a little dirty and I had a bad float. So, I had a brand new part that I had on my old carburetor that was from the 10323, installed it on there and then changed the float because the original float on the 10550 with the needle and seat was still leaking even though I think the float was set correctly, but it was bad. I had a spare float that was good, put it on, and then cleaned the carburetor, installed the good used gaskets, and installed a Briggs and Stratton pilot jet, and it’s running great today!