Zombie Mowers, Dead Deer's, Gravely's Gremlins, RESURRECTED again!

DaveTN

Threads
  • / Zombie Mowers, Dead Deer's, Gravely's Gremlins, RESURRECTED again!
What's the worst-case scenario small engine that was given up for dead, left for the trash man only to be brought back to life again by YOU? Something from the Craftsman Cemetery perhaps? A zombie from the 'Dead Deere Zone'? Something pulled up from the lake? Mower hanging in a tree? (I actually found one). I named one of my mowers, a red and white Sears aluminum frame mower, "Christine". She's resting in the boneyard now. (temporarily of course!) These should be interesting stories to hear!

LawnBoy97

Threads
Wow, I'm surprised there weren't any replies. I'd sure like to here about the one you found in the tree, though!

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I found a 6.5 Hp briggs engine in about 10000 pieces in a small box the engine was all there got it together and cleaned the carb and the engine fired. Put that engine on a craftsman walkbehind weed eater I also found in pieces without an engine and I still use it today for mowing down small weedy fields lol

Threads
My dys 4500 Craftsman took me 7 months to put back together. I had to salvage repair parts from where ever I could find them.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
What's the worst-case scenario small engine that was given up for dead, left for the trash man only to be brought back to life again by YOU? Something from the Craftsman Cemetery perhaps? A zombie from the 'Dead Deere Zone'? Something pulled up from the lake? Mower hanging in a tree? (I actually found one). I named one of my mowers, a red and white Sears aluminum frame mower, "Christine". She's resting in the boneyard now. (temporarily of course!) These should be interesting stories to hear!

Being in the repair business I find if I come across a engine like that its dollars that talks. The last engine I had like that was a Kohler Courage that had a big crack in it. Customer didn't have the money for a new engine. I took it to a weld shop and repaired the block and after that gave it a coating of JB weld. Never heard back from the customer so I will say it must still be running? I don't work on engines just to work on them so when they are junk that is what they are.

searsboy

Threads
I found a 1964 sears suburban 600 and it was torn completely down to the frame but the man still had most of the parts. He had all the tires plus two extra rear tires. Had all the body except for the seat lol. He gave me the mower and a bunch of plows to go with it for doing some work around his house. I got it put back together and took it and some others of mine to a tractor show and everyone loved seeing it go through the Parade Of Power.

Attachments

• image-3095133094.jpg
    image-3095133094.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 19
Threads
I found a 1964 sears suburban 600 and it was torn completely down to the frame but the man still had most of the parts. He had all the tires plus two extra rear tires. Had all the body except for the seat lol. He gave me the mower and a bunch of plows to go with it for doing some work around his house. I got it put back together and took it and some others of mine to a tractor show and everyone loved seeing it go through the Parade Of Power.

:thumbsup:..:thumbsup: