ZD326 Fuel Issue

cbsnowandyard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a ZD326 that last week it runs rough and stalls out when we engage the blades. I figured that it was due for fuel filter replacement. Now I'm still getting my feet wet when it comes to working on diesels but after changing the filters I'm not getting fuel back into the filter canisters. I figure that I have to bleed the system out but not sure if there is a bleeder screw anywhere to take care of this.

slc10844

Threads
Did you close the fuel valve when you changed the filters, then forget to open it when you were done?

DaveTN

Threads
Have a ZD326 that last week it runs rough and stalls out when we engage the blades. I figured that it was due for fuel filter replacement. Now I'm still getting my feet wet when it comes to working on diesels but after changing the filters I'm not getting fuel back into the filter canisters. I figure that I have to bleed the system out but not sure if there is a bleeder screw anywhere to take care of this.

Try loosening the fittings going from the Tank into the Filters and see if you have fuel flow. Then open the line going OUT of the filter to the Injection Pump and see if you can get fuel going out of the filter. Might try putting a little positive air pressure, a few pounds on the tank and with the lines open see if fuel flows then. Sounds like air lock not letting fuel flow. Once you get fuel into the injection pump it should fire up. Hope this helps.