Zama or Walbro carb.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I agree with Carscw, I run e10 gas in all my equipment and have never had a problem.
As long as you keep gas fresh and put stabilizer in anything sitting for any length of time you won't have a problem, I also have shut off on all my equipment and run carb dry if it will sit more than one week.

I have a featherlight Weedeater I bought in 2001, only run it dry in the winter always starts at 3rd pull just like new, only problem with it was in July I had to put a new primer bulb on it, I have now idea how many hours it has but it's got to be a lot (only use it at home)

BTW this is only the second gas trimmer I have bought, first one was also a Weedeater don't remember what model it was but in 1980 it cost $250 at OTASCO (Oklahoma chain store) it died at end of 2000 and I got this cheap one spring of 2001 ($69 at Lowes) and it has been a great one.

Yes, if you are meticulous with your equipment maintenance you can get away with ethanol fuel.
If you arre meticulous with your fuel purchasing and storage you can get away with ethanol fuel.
If you live in paticular climatic conditions you can get away with ethanol fuels.
If you are a contractor who uses their equipment several hours each & every week you can get away with ethanol fuel.

For the other 99% of the population, ethanol is not a good idea.
Personally I love ethanol it is worth around $ 8,000 to $ $ 10,000 in my pocket each & every year from the 99% not mentioned earlier.
Better still most of this is labour and most of the labour is dunking carbs in the ultarsound tank.
Although I usully do about a dozen head gaskets a season again directly traced back to ethanol and last season 2 complete repowers.

Down here the average 1 acre block will cost the owner about $ 40 to $ 60 in fuels for the entire entourage pa ( similar climate to California, 40 to 45 week seasons )
The difference between unleaded & ethanol works out to be around $ 2.50 pa
The cost of cleaning a ride on carb is $ 35.00, mower carb $ 25.00 others $ 20.00 .
So it should be a no brainer, but no matter what I tell the customers nearly 1/2 the jobs I do and about 70% of all repairs are directly ethanol related.