Zama or Walbro carb.

ron350

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a old Weed Eater FL21 with a Walbro WA226 carb and I was given another FL21 that is slightly newer with a Zama C1U-W7C carb.

How does the Zama C1U-W7C compare to the Walbro WA226 as far as having problems?

ron350

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks but I tried that before posting here and can稚 find a single review.

Guess I will have to try each carb and find out the hard way.
Too bad there is not more information about weed trimmers on the internet.

primerbulb120

Threads
I personally have less problems with the Walbro carbs. They are simple, easy to clean, and they are easier to fix.

carbman

Forum Newbie
Threads
First make sure your using ethanol free gas. You can Google stations in your area that carry it. Both carbs are fine. take carb apart see if diaphragm is crunchy sounding. look at wire screen in fuel inlet to see if dirt is blocking any part of the screen. if anything seems bad rebuild the carb with a kit. You can look on eBay for louise8084 for kit. There are many choices there. Hope this helps:smile:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a old Weed Eater FL21 with a Walbro WA226 carb and I was given another FL21 that is slightly newer with a Zama C1U-W7C carb. How does the Zama C1U-W7C compare to the Walbro WA226 as far as having problems?

I never try to clean these little carbs. I always replace them with new.
I like the zama carb.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
And don't pay extra hard earned money for pure gas.
As long as you take care of your equipment you will have no problems.

Phototone

Threads
And don't pay extra hard earned money for pure gas.
As long as you take care of your equipment you will have no problems.

Oh, come on. Buying Ethanol-free gas for small yard gear is not an issue. Generally
ethanol-free "pure" gas is no more expensive than premium. I have personal experience
with very poor running and early failure of components using ethanol enriched fuel on
my 2-cycle yard machines.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh, come on. Buying Ethanol-free gas for small yard gear is not an issue. Generally ethanol-free "pure" gas is no more expensive than premium. I have personal experience with very poor running and early failure of components using ethanol enriched fuel on my 2-cycle yard machines.

Have never had any problems.
I run 87 in everything. Running pure gas would cost me around $100 a week.

gainestruk

Threads
Have never had any problems.
I run 87 in everything. Running pure gas would cost me around $100 a week.

I agree with Carscw, I run e10 gas in all my equipment and have never had a problem.
As long as you keep gas fresh and put stabilizer in anything sitting for any length of time you won't have a problem, I also have shut off on all my equipment and run carb dry if it will sit more than one week.

I have a featherlight Weedeater I bought in 2001, only run it dry in the winter always starts at 3rd pull just like new, only problem with it was in July I had to put a new primer bulb on it, I have now idea how many hours it has but it's got to be a lot (only use it at home)

BTW this is only the second gas trimmer I have bought, first one was also a Weedeater don't remember what model it was but in 1980 it cost $250 at OTASCO (Oklahoma chain store) it died at end of 2000 and I got this cheap one spring of 2001 ($69 at Lowes) and it has been a great one.