Z960A Sputters and Dies

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did just blow air back through the fuel filter line, not filter, and I think it did help.
Think about what you did. Blew back threw a line. Now any junk will be pushed back into the tank which might clog it up or eventually back where it came from, clogging that up. Not a valid test.

kdgraham

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply. I have changed both coils around 950ish hours. I would hope they would last longer than 170 hours.

I will check on the butterfly bolts and transfer tube O-ring that you mentioned and I haven't checked. Also I will pull engine shroud to check for debris around any of the cooling fins. Since the stumbling only happens after engine is warm from mowing, this might have some effect. I do leaf blow all my mowers after each use to keep them clean, but maybe underneath is not so clean.

This just seems odd to me as I have never had a mower do this under PTO, but when PTO off, it runs 'fine'.

kdgraham

Forum Newbie
Threads
Think about what you did. Blew back threw a line. Now any junk will be pushed back into the tank which might clog it up or eventually back where it came from, clogging that up. Not a valid test.
You are correct, I need to get a camera to verify if there is any junk in the bottom of the tank as I thought the same thing. However when I would kill the PTO, the motor runs fine at any throttle position. That makes me think its not a tank/fuel issue. Thoughts?