Z5200 no foward/backward

Fletch66

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I noticed loss of power, sluggish and steering arms harder to move. Noticed drive belt shredding and tension pulley broken. Replaced both and no change. Blades operate normal. Engine runs normal. Ideas please of what to do next. Oh yes. It's only 5 months old.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you confirmed that the pulleys are both turning ?
Sounds like the belt may be routed wrong

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Are the bypass valves closed ?
Not the first time some one has forgotten to do that
Is the belt tensioning spring in the right place ?
If you jack the wheels off the ground do they turn ?

Fletch66

Forum Newbie
Threads
All good. Wheels do not turn

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Ok I noticed loss of power, sluggish and steering arms harder to move. Noticed drive belt shredding and tension pulley broken. Replaced both and no change. Blades operate normal. Engine runs normal. Ideas please of what to do next. Oh yes. It's only 5 months old.
If it is only 5 months old, is it under warranty. If so, take it in to shop for warranty work. When the belt was off before replacing it, did you check pulleys and tensioner pulley for smooth movement, play, and sharp edges? Is the spring in place correctly and belt tension is good? Is there any debris or sticks lodged in places it shouldn’t be?

Fletch66

Forum Newbie
Threads
I cleaned out all debris found. Pulleys moved. All connected correctly.
Why are the steer arms harder to move foward and backward?
Yes I'll take to the shop.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The steering pivots uses shoulder screws and flange bushings which may be binding from corrosion. There is also a pair dampers that could be binding. Quality controls are not what they use to be.