Export thread

Z5200 no foward/backward

F

Fletch66

Ok I noticed loss of power, sluggish and steering arms harder to move. Noticed drive belt shredding and tension pulley broken. Replaced both and no change. Blades operate normal. Engine runs normal. Ideas please of what to do next. Oh yes. It's only 5 months old.

B

bertsmobile1

Have you confirmed that the pulleys are both turning ?
Sounds like the belt may be routed wrong

F

Fletch66

All pulleys turn and belt installed correctly.

B

bertsmobile1

Are the bypass valves closed ?
Not the first time some one has forgotten to do that
Is the belt tensioning spring in the right place ?
If you jack the wheels off the ground do they turn ?

F

Fletch66

All good. Wheels do not turn

F

Fletch66

Are the bypass valves closed ?
Not the first time some one has forgotten to do that
Is the belt tensioning spring in the right place ?
If you jack the wheels off the ground do they turn ?

Tiger Small Engine

Tiger Small Engine

Ok I noticed loss of power, sluggish and steering arms harder to move. Noticed drive belt shredding and tension pulley broken. Replaced both and no change. Blades operate normal. Engine runs normal. Ideas please of what to do next. Oh yes. It's only 5 months old.
If it is only 5 months old, is it under warranty. If so, take it in to shop for warranty work. When the belt was off before replacing it, did you check pulleys and tensioner pulley for smooth movement, play, and sharp edges? Is the spring in place correctly and belt tension is good? Is there any debris or sticks lodged in places it shouldn’t be?

F

Fletch66

I cleaned out all debris found. Pulleys moved. All connected correctly.
Why are the steer arms harder to move foward and backward?
Yes I'll take to the shop.

StarTech

StarTech

The steering pivots uses shoulder screws and flange bushings which may be binding from corrosion. There is also a pair dampers that could be binding. Quality controls are not what they use to be.

F

Fletch66

Thank you. I will for that.

F

Fletch66

Ok I want to thank everyone for your comments on what to check as I am new to the zero turn community. All is repaired and it's running great again.

I

ILENGINE

Could you let us know what the fix was for future reference.

F

Fletch66

I rechecked everything again and yes I had drive tension spring in the wrong spot and I had the drive disengaged. Misunderstood the diagram in my book.