Engine Z445/w 27HP Briggs engine surge

Reset the governor today. Although I didn't notice any movement once I had it loose. Once I had everything tight. I let it run long enough I knew it should be pulsing. No longer pulsing. I was flabbergasted. Movement that was imperceptible to me had done the trick. I need to mow today. We'll see if it is still fixed after I'm finished.

Ed


When you reset the gov arm clockwise you tightened the spring ever so lightly. Glad you got it right ~!~!
 
When you reset the gov arm clockwise you tightened the spring ever so lightly. Glad you got it right ~!~!

I finally got it this morning. I did tighten it. Since the shaft had slipped counterclockwise. After I reset it clockwise. It allowed the lever to pull against the spring a bit more. Hence the spring is tighter. Like you said "ever so slightly". I wasn't seeing all I had done. That's why I said I thought I had loosened it.

Ed
 
Back
Top