YTH2448 Hydorstatic issues

Bluwtr

Member
I have a YTH2448 model 96015000101 that has been a fine mower overall. It has worked relentlessly aside from a couple of normal wear and tear issues. Starting last year it has become more and more difficult to use the hydrostatic pedal. When I do get it to move it then is almost impossible to switch to reverse. The same applies when switching back to forward. I've looked under the mower to see if I could see something hung up in the linkage but I do not. The pedal seems to binding and not allowing actuation. Sometimes moving the pedal back and forth (violently even) it will finally "catch" and then go.

Anyone else had this happen or know of this issue? Help is much appreciated as mowing season is not far off for my area.

Regards,

Wes
 
When was the last time you changed the drive belts? Sounds to me like the belt may be worn. If it has been more than 3 years I would start by changing it. While your are under the unit check the idler pulleys, as if their bearings are worn they could also be causing your problem.
 
I changed the belts last season but it's definitely not a belt issue. It's mechanical for sure. The pedal system seems to get stuck and won't rotate for lack of a better way of describing it.
 
Sounds more like the shifter assy is having problems. check items like 159, 197, 247, etc.

IPL is indicating a fender mounted motion control setup with brake/clutch only controlling belt tension.

Tuff Torq K46 hydrostatic transaxle.
1677338389404.png
 
Thanks for the suggestions and the diagram. Where else can I see this diagram? For some reason I can't see all of it nor can I zoom in or out.
 
Back
Top