YTA22V46

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the deck belt the right length, the pulleys being in good shape and the right size, and everything seemingly in working order, you just gotta go with a shorter belt?

I've double checked the pulley's and they're right. I pulled the bracket (that holds the PTO cable in place) back to remove some of the slack. In fact, the blades still turn a little with you disengage the belts now.
But customer just called and said the belt came off again. I engaged and disengaged it about 20 times before I took it back.

THE only thing I didn't check to see if it was the right length, was the PTO cable itself. But when I engage the belt, it tights up.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
what belt are you using?
Jack's shows Husqvarna 584453101 as the right belt.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
what belt are you using?
Jack's shows Husqvarna 584453101 as the right belt.

I'm using the stens 265106. 105 3/4. Which I measured before I put on because of @StarTech advise since he had some trouble with Stens sizes before. And I've had one wrong size. But the belt measured correct.
But considering I adjusted the PTO clip back far enough that it still lightly turns the belt when disengaged, seems it couldn't be too short now. If too long, the belt wouldn't be right when engaged. Which it is.
I have a shorter one I ordered for it, just incase this one didn't fix the problem.

Note, before I adjusted the PTO bracket, It seemed to me that the tension pulley was coming way to close to the spindle pulley.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have a good look at the PTO lever under the dash
The grub screw that holds the lever to the shaft comes loose

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have a good look at the PTO lever under the dash
The grub screw that holds the lever to the shaft comes loose

I'll run over to the customers house later and take a look. The tensioner being so close to the spindle pulley seemed odd to me. Almost as if the cable was too long. This this would explain that, if it's so. Thanks man.

Old_Paint

Threads
If any of the belt guides are bent/broken, the belt will come off very easily every time you disengage the PTO. Been there, done that. A stick went through a mandrel pulley and wrecked the mandrel and the guide on the LH side of my deck, and a broken belt bent the one at the engine pulley. Both times, I had a major headache with the belt coming off. They ain't there just to be pretty, and do a very poor job of keeping things out of the belt. It's just to keep the belt on the pulleys when it's slack.