YT48xls replacement deck

gchalifoux

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum, but not new to lawn equipment,.,...just another LAWN CARE NUT!!!!
Need advice on YT48xls deck and bagging system. I have been using this tractor at our church now for a few years and realized that (A) can't bring the deck up high enough due to that monster power blower/bagging system attached to what I assume is the "FAB DECK" ??
I want to go to a standard deck and bagging system for many reasons, but mostly because this thing is scalping the crap out of my lawn.
So I am googling for a replacement standard deck for this beast.....
If anyone can assist with a source and or part# I'd certainly appreciate it!!!!
thanks/Gary

gchalifoux

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE *****
Just spoke to a local Husqvarna dealer. He states that the fab deck can not be replaced with a stamped deck. Something about pulleys and fitment issues etc. So my only choice is to figure out what is causing this thing to sit completely lopsided towards the turbo blowers/discharge side of the unit. Also states I should be able to adjust/lift the deck all the way up if in fact this ting was installed properly.
The only other thing I can come up with is....did someone (LIKE LOWES) managed to incorrectly install a fab deck on a tractor that is not designed for it!!!!!
ANYONE?? input welcome....
thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
He is talking through his anal orrifice.
It can be done but yes it is a little more complicated than just unbolting one & bolting up the other.

OTOH it will not fix the scalping problem you get from shoving a bagger on one side of a deck that is designed to float
The simple solution is to put a couple of sand bags on the opposite side to equalize the weight.
The rest is operator error
Tight turns will always cause the deck to tilt and the wider the deck the bigger the tilt.
So turn wider or do 3 point turns if necessary .
Side baggers on tractor stye mowers are always a very poor compromise and always will be unless they have a ground following deck system where the cut height is set by moving the deck wheels.

Your best bet will be to put the mower up for sale in the parish news letter for near the new price.
One of the congregation will be happy to buy it as a contribution to the church.
Then get a mower with an out front deck, counter rotating blades and a rear bagging system like a Walker or a Grasshopper or any other model I am not aware of .
Not only will they bag better, most have overlapping timed blades so give a much better cut , they dump the grass easier & cleaner and cut closer to walls .
They will also go under fences a bit deeper usually enough to almost eliminate like triming except right around the fence posts.
A 20 year old abused Walker is 100 % better mower than any brand new orange painted thing you can buy .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Normally these decks cut very good. But the anti-scalp roller needs to be in good shape as well as the four gauge wheels set [properly. Not mentioning the three spindles in good shape and no bent blades. Some scalping of lawns is to be expected if it is un-level or infested with moles as my lawn is

gchalifoux

Forum Newbie
Threads
I adjusted the deck height to max with the height adjustment nuts. Also balanced by standing on the left side of the deck and put a 2x4 block between the deck and the left side of the body of the tractor, where the foot pan is. I notched the 2x4 block s that it would not just walk off. Bottom line is the turbo power blower/sucker mounted to the right side discharge throws the whole thing off!!! Either this tractor is not designed to have a fab deck, or someone installed the deck incorrectly. Can I get a lower bagger chute, pull the power turbo blower...and solve the scalping issue...I really feel like the turbo blower is the overall cause of the off balance and scalping issue!!

Last edited: