Export thread

Your favorite part about mowing the lawn

T

TheLawnReview

hey all - new to the community. Just wanted to hear from you all - whats your favorite part about lawn mowing or yard work?

For me, it is a great break from the kids and "me time" where I don't have to think and can just complete a satisfying task.

What about you?

B

bertsmobile1

To parraphrase what a lot of my widdowed customers tell me
"If I had known mowing was this much fun then I would have been mowing the lawns & that con artist husband of mine would have been doing the cleaning & dusting"

bkeller500

bkeller500

The smell of fresh cut grass on a Saturday evening as you finish and are sitting on the deck with a beverage and a moment to relax.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

The smell of fresh cut grass on a Saturday evening as you finish and are sitting on the deck with a beverage and a moment to relax.
nothing like it.

C

Chris from Ontario

I like to hear the sounds the mower makes as I cut. The smell of the cut grass too.
It's a nice way to spend a few hours on a sunny day, in shorts with no shirt just driving around the lawn.

StarTech

StarTech

Yes there is nothing like the smell of wild garlic just after it been mowed. I just don't why people keeps calling it wild onions. They two different things.

W

wekjo

hey all - new to the community. Just wanted to hear from you all - whats your favorite part about lawn mowing or yard work?

For me, it is a great break from the kids and "me time" where I don't have to think and can just complete a satisfying task.

What about you?
Never do it sober, been drunk mowing over 30 years. No one bothers you, loud as a motorcycle, no cops. Have cooler between my knees and a wire cage on the rear for empties. More than a few gfs learned to appreciate it and would drive the back up tractor.

A

AdamE

Never do it sober, been drunk mowing over 30 years. No one bothers you, loud as a motorcycle, no cops. Have cooler between my knees and a wire cage on the rear for empties. More than a few gfs learned to appreciate it and would drive the back up tractor.
My wife's mower is always drunk!

W

wekjo

Large yard first criteria for home selection. Must have yard large enough to consume at least one 12 pack with 54" cut simplicity, if not then usurp a neighbor's yard, they never complain unless you run over their cat. Good and shit-faced, then get the chain saw out and trim a few pesky branches here and there.

C

clarkie68

the fragrance of freshly cut grass, and of course I feel like I am taking care of nature, that makes me really happy!