Your favorite part about mowing the lawn

TheLawnReview

Forum Newbie
Threads
hey all - new to the community. Just wanted to hear from you all - whats your favorite part about lawn mowing or yard work?

For me, it is a great break from the kids and "me time" where I don't have to think and can just complete a satisfying task.

What about you?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To parraphrase what a lot of my widdowed customers tell me
"If I had known mowing was this much fun then I would have been mowing the lawns & that con artist husband of mine would have been doing the cleaning & dusting"

bkeller500

Threads
The smell of fresh cut grass on a Saturday evening as you finish and are sitting on the deck with a beverage and a moment to relax.

Threads
I like to hear the sounds the mower makes as I cut. The smell of the cut grass too.
It's a nice way to spend a few hours on a sunny day, in shorts with no shirt just driving around the lawn.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes there is nothing like the smell of wild garlic just after it been mowed. I just don't why people keeps calling it wild onions. They two different things.

wekjo

Threads
hey all - new to the community. Just wanted to hear from you all - whats your favorite part about lawn mowing or yard work?

For me, it is a great break from the kids and "me time" where I don't have to think and can just complete a satisfying task.

What about you?
Never do it sober, been drunk mowing over 30 years. No one bothers you, loud as a motorcycle, no cops. Have cooler between my knees and a wire cage on the rear for empties. More than a few gfs learned to appreciate it and would drive the back up tractor.

AdamE

Threads
Never do it sober, been drunk mowing over 30 years. No one bothers you, loud as a motorcycle, no cops. Have cooler between my knees and a wire cage on the rear for empties. More than a few gfs learned to appreciate it and would drive the back up tractor.
My wife's mower is always drunk!

wekjo

Threads
Large yard first criteria for home selection. Must have yard large enough to consume at least one 12 pack with 54" cut simplicity, if not then usurp a neighbor's yard, they never complain unless you run over their cat. Good and shit-faced, then get the chain saw out and trim a few pesky branches here and there.

clarkie68

Threads
the fragrance of freshly cut grass, and of course I feel like I am taking care of nature, that makes me really happy!