Yesterday

Cusser

Threads
I found it's cheaper to go to my local tire shop that charges $10 a tire while i sit on a bench.
I wanted to paint my new patio cover, so didn't have time to try one of the local tire stores Sat. morning. I have a feeling it would've been $20 to $25 here though...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Another method that works with new tires is install an inner in the tire while off the rim. Let sitting and then let it cool over night while the tube is still inflated. Tire tire set in the new shape as it cools over night.

As for those HFT tire changers the mini I still need the screw drivers to get the tires on. The larger one I got just haven't ever mounted it

Cusser

Threads
Another method that works with new tires is install an inner in the tire while off the rim. Let sitting and then let it cool over night while the tube is still inflated. Tire tire set in the new shape as it cools over night.
Good idea !

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I fought for years trying to change tires and seat beads. Many bad words. I bought a couple things to make life easier and with less bad words. I bought a bucket of tire soap. Rub some on the bead areas and it makes a huge difference getting tires off and on. Second was the full size HF manual tire changer to break down beads. Much better than the mini tire changer bead breaker. Third thing is an air blast bead seater. Even the worst deformed tire i can seat in just a few seconds. Still hate those 4 inch tires though.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
This is where you see real cheapness manifest it's ugly head.
One of the reasons why I like the Aussie made mowers is the 4" and a lot of the 6" wheels are cast alloy split rim wheels .