Xenoy for HRM215PXA REPAIR

alanwagen

Threads
Xenoy deck.
So I have replaced my old mower because there is some cracking near the front wheels. I noticed that there is this 3M resin repair that is suppose to work with Xenoy.
My question is: Do you think it is worth the time? It is a stress area so I have my doubts. It seems like such a waste because the engine is still good. It seems like I could find an old deck somewhere but the one I saw on e-bay was $109 used.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
So what is wrong with a proper repair ?
remember, it is called a weld.

alanwagen

Threads
Someone on another forum said I could try something called "q-bond". It is cheap enough so I am going to give it a try. Found it on a body shop website.
I will take the front wheels and axles off to get the best access. I will let you know if it helps any. It is not cracked completely through but I have to be very gentle as not to crack if further. Since this is now the extra mower, I can take my time to try to fix it. I will post at a later time on the results either way.

Q-Bond QB2 Quick Bonding Adhesive Kit - 5ml Bottle & Aluminum Filling Powders

alanwagen

Threads
My neighbor recommended a fiberglass patch like Bondo. What do you guys think?

alanwagen

Threads
Well I picked up some of the Q-bond and it is sort of neat. You pour this powder in to the crack as well as any buildup you want. Dribble this powerful Super glue stuff on it and there you go, it turns solid. It very very fast and super sticky so I wore gloves. It gets pretty warm with the chemical reaction. As far as I can tell it looks like it will hold. I have to say it is worth a try. It will even fill in holes in metal cases like on motorcycles.

alanwagen

Threads
Well I picked up some of the Q-bond and it is sort of neat. You pour this powder in to the crack as well as any buildup you want. Dribble this powerful Super glue stuff on it and there you go, it turns solid. It very very fast and super sticky so I wore gloves. It gets pretty warm with the chemical reaction. As far as I can tell it looks like it will hold. I have to say it is worth a try. It will even fill in holes in metal cases like on motorcycles.

I thought I would elaborate more on the situation. I abused this lawnmower pretty bad. I would bounce it to knock off the grass off the deck. Something that would break anything. I was young and dumb, now just old and dumb, but I will not bounce anymore. Well so far this Q-Bond is still holding up. Not sure how long term is will be with use and oxygen, etc. But I am still impressed as I think this stuff saved this 20 year old lawnmower. This mower (xenoy) has a different deck than the new Honda's. Xenoy vs Nexite for which the Nexite has a lifetime warranty. I have added a video on this Q-bond I found on youtube. I am not affiliated with Q-bond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TTyAM7R0j4

Blue Hill

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I had been looking for options to repair the xenoy hood on my old John Deere rider, which I carried out just today. The mower was a recent purchase and came with some damage to the hood that I wanted to take care of before it got any worse. One, four inch crack, two more about an inch long and of four mounting posts, one was broken right off and one was cracked at the base. All of the repairs were carried out on the inside of the hood and remain pretty much invisible from the outside.
I tried a variation of the Q Bond, using baking soda and super glue in that same manner as folks use the QBond as I had read where baking soda and super glue work just as well. I veed out the three cracks and the repairs seem quite strong. I then applied JB Weld epoxy putty over the four inch crack, laying it over the whole thing, about an inch and a half wide. The broken off post was super glued back in place beforehand and then the JB Weld was used on both posts to really build up all around them to make them much stronger than they were originally. It's too early to say for sure, but I think I have a good repair. By the way, I chose to use the water weld type of JB Weld epoxy putty, because it's much stronger than the regular type.