would you?

krispykremer

Forum Newbie
Threads
would you ever pray to god to bring you the next lottery numbers,,though gambling is a sin?? :biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
would you ever pray to god to bring you the next lottery numbers,,though gambling is a sin?? :biggrin:

I don't gamble, so praying for that reason would be moot. Better to pray for something more valuable, like the improved health of a friend or family member, or that those close to you don't lose their jobs, homes, etc.

While on the subject of God, those who watch "Wheel of Fortune" on TV must be familiar with the contestants who scream "Oh my God, Oh my God" when they win a prize on the final spin. It disgusts me that those people take his name in vain. Did He send them the solution to the puzzle? I think not.
:thumbdown:

mois25

Threads
My thoughts are we tend to associate any kind of success with God and subconsciously tend to refer to Him in the event that something good happens.

I am not sure I would participate in a lottery and expect to win because I hate the publicity that would be accompanying me.

touree

Threads
Interesting point of view Kenny. Calling it gambling is kind of over stretching it. I think 'trying your luck' sums it up in a few words.

Why dare to look behind your back after winning a lottery?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
'trying your luck' sums it up in a few words.

With that I think I'll buy a lotto ticket.... .... I'll let you know how my luck runs... :biggrin:
:smile:KennyV

I will gamble that I make it to the store OK, to pick it up....:laughing:

173abn

Threads
I don't pray to win but I'd sure say a lot of thank yous if I won. And then I 'd build a few orphanges in Vietnam,Iraq and Afghastian and put a few of our kids that lost moms and dads in the present wars through school. russ

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My thoughts are we tend to associate any kind of success with God and subconsciously tend to refer to Him in the event that something good happens.

I am not sure I would participate in a lottery and expect to win because I hate the publicity that would be accompanying me.

Well stated about associating success with God....I have more tolerance for the contestants now.

I have a favorite saying....

Many people say money cannot buy happiness, which may very well be true. But can anyone explain to me why I am so miserable when I am broke?

abeja_reina_1989

Threads
Well, I'm not sure if I believe in God, but if I did pray, I would totally do something like that.

monica123

Threads
Life is a gamble... if you are doing it right. :smile:KennyV

I do believe that life is a gamble, the choices we make and decisions we make every day are a gamble. I believe in karma, you give what you give.