Would you rather mow, or clear snow?

While I was mowing yesterday I was thinking that I was having a better time that those that were clearing snow.

carl

Hello carl & welcome to a usually fun site...
I'm glad someone is having a good time mowing...
I am looking forward to spring for some of the same... :smile:KennyV
 
You got a good point there Wayne. I like to sit back on my riding mower and just enjoy the ride. This seems like some of the only time I have to think alone during the summer. :laughing:
Yes, it can be very relaxing to mow the lawn, that is if you have a rider, but even if I had to do it all with a push-mower I think I would still enjoy it more than plowing snow:smile:.
 
About snow moving, the only thing I hate about it is when the snow caking on the seat and my jeans melts and soaks the cloth, I can deal with the cold okay but when you get wet clothing and the wind is blowing and it's 20 degrees, well that is when I question why I am I out here clearing my neighbors driveways in this bitter weather instead of being indoors warm and cozy....
I found a fix for that. I used to hate coming in soaking wet as well. I found a pair of leggings (ski-pants?) at Burlington coat factory. They are nylon with drawstring waist and lined rather well enough that my body heat doesn't make it to the outside, therefore the snow never melts. I use them solely for snow-removal. I left them up north this last time and during the last big snow here, I really missed them. I went out and bought one of those one-piece jumpsuits from Gander at an incredible end-of-season price. Now, I'll just take my snow parka up north and use the jumpsuit down here and at least I'll have snow-removal clothing at both places.

Look for those leggings, just put a pair of shorts on for underneath to carry your wallet, keys, etc. and no more wet legs.:wink:
 
Let's move some snow ! Bring it on ! Just bought a new blower and retied the old one so .. . Let it happen! I know i'm not right. . . John :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 12
Let's move some snow ! Bring it on ! Just bought a new blower and retied the old one so .. . Let it happen! I know i'm not right. . . John :thumbsup:

Does this mean there is nothing left of your "old friend" that you told us about on 2/6/11? How sad...did the new blower chew him up and spit him out? :eek:
 
Is that a 5 foot 3pt blower?
Lets see it mounted with a fountain of snow erupting from the top, before there is no more snow this season... :smile:KennyV

With his luck, there will no more snow in NY this winter.....:frown:
 
Unfortunately there is more mud than blowable snow in the driveway now. there was a mud plume though! .. . ha ha . . . John
P>S> My old friend went to my uncle who is going to rebuild him and then we'll have twins!
 
I'm not going to lie, not having to bow is really nice but plowing a bunch of snow is much harder and much worse. Like I've said before, we've been pretty lucky this year so I would have to pick snow this time around because it was super easy.
 
Back
Top