Would you rather mow, or clear snow?

It snows in New Mexico...????:confused2:

I thought the same thing ... until one early morning when I, along with 100's of others, spent the night on the interstate just out side of Albuquerque...
Now and then there is a LOT of snow falling horizontally around there... :smile:KennyV
 
The weather is very unpredictable anymore. It can snow almost anywhere it wants to, I think. We get it every so often, but it's usually just teeny amounts and is gone within hours.
 
It snows in New Mexico quite often, snowed here Thursday night. Ruidoso where I live is a ski resort town.

I would rather remove snow. A nice warm coat, gloves and boots and I am ready to take on two feet of snow. Sunny skies, fresh air and the sound of the snowblower. What else could you ask for?
Some say and I agree a freshly cut lawn looks nice and is rewarding. A recently cleared driveway and walk look very pretty also. The sun shining down on the snow with crisp lines the snowblower has created cutting through the snow drifts. Everyones lawn looks nice when covered in snow.
When the snow removal is complete you can go inside and enjoy a nice warm fire and a cup of hot chocolate.
Weather it's summer or winter just being outisde and being able to work in the yard is a great source of enjoyment for me.
Take it one day at a time and before you know it the cold will be gone and we will all be cutting the grass and enjoying warm weather again.

Jim
 
You got a good point there Wayne. I like to sit back on my riding mower and just enjoy the ride. This seems like some of the only time I have to think alone during the summer. :laughing:
 
Personally i enjoy both! Mowing is kinda a "no brainer" where i mow mostly at night. No cell phone, no stress, just me and the insects, and there are strange ones in the wee hours of the night. Also i'm not as distracted by other things going on around me. I mow 37 acres at my place a week and more for my family. . .its really great!
Snow moving is good for me too. . . time to think, but it is a lot faster pased job, here "Mother Nature" has her own ideas of where to put it and we never agree on the location! I move snow for 2 others beside mine and total length of driveways is probably 1200' long and really wide but if i didnt like it i wouldn't live here or be doing it. Make the best of everything and have some fun doin it! :thumbsup:
 
Personally i enjoy both! Mowing is kinda a "no brainer" where i mow mostly at night. No cell phone, no stress, just me and the insects, and there are strange ones in the wee hours of the night. Also i'm not as distracted by other things going on around me. I mow 37 acres at my place a week and more for my family. . .its really great!
Snow moving is good for me too. . . time to think, but it is a lot faster pased job, here "Mother Nature" has her own ideas of where to put it and we never agree on the location! I move snow for 2 others beside mine and total length of driveways is probably 1200' long and really wide but if i didnt like it i wouldn't live here or be doing it. Make the best of everything and have some fun doin it! :thumbsup:

I have one huge area, about an acre and a half in size, with only a few widely spaced trees, where I can run from roadfront to the end of the mowed area (about 350 feet) in a straight line. It requires little concentration as it has no obstructions but the trees, I love doing it at night, surf LMF or TBN with my Blackberry when it gets boring. I have adjusted the headlights to be low so I don't disturb the folks across the road. The diesel runs hot so Ilike to mow at night if I can.

About snow moving, the only thing I hate about it is when the snow caking on the seat and my jeans melts and soaks the cloth, I can deal with the cold okay but when you get wet clothing and the wind is blowing and it's 20 degrees, well that is when I question why I am I out here clearing my neighbors driveways in this bitter weather instead of being indoors warm and cozy....if I wasn't retired I would probably not be so generous with my time. Cleared the driveway of the folks who just moved in nearby for the first time, they never came out to say thanks. Their loss they can can shovel next time it snows I don't ask for anything except a simple thanks when I help someone.
 
While I was mowing yesterday I was thinking that I was having a better time that those that were clearing snow.

carl
 
Back
Top