Would like your input on what mower to buy

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Go ahead and amuse yourself and add nothing as a REAL opinion.

I am a Supermoderator on the Largest motorcycle forum in the world and we get Folks like you that add nothing of value to a conversation but only try to 'Trigger' angry responses for no legitimate reason.

Sam:)
Welcome to the worlds best mower forum on the internet Sam. Nice to see new members.

And wow what an accomplishment. Being a "Super" "Moderator". On an internet forum no less. Congrats to you sir. (y)

NJMower

Threads
I'll side with Slomo on this one. He talked about mowing with machines - not trained herds of goats. He wasn't factually wrong. He wasn't overtly rude. He was humorous. He backed his idea with various legitimate reasons. He added a new dimension to the conversation. He made me think about it.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Porkie was swinging for the fence. Maybe he doesn't like to walk??? I need all the exercise I can get LOL.

My wife likes to do yard work. We together have a great time knowing we've accomplished something as trivial as cutting the grass LOL.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll side with Slomo on this one. He talked about mowing with machines - not trained herds of goats. He wasn't factually wrong. He wasn't overtly rude. He was humorous. He backed his idea with various legitimate reasons. He added a new dimension to the conversation. He made me think about it.
Pushers are way cheaper with easier and less maintenance. Less belts and way less fuel consumed. Cut is far superior too with less soil compaction. Don't need a truck and trailer to fix a pusher. List goes on and on. One blade to maintain compared to 3.

You can drive down the street as know what kind of mower people are using. Severe ruts, you guessed it, a 0-turn.

Wish Porkie would come back. I kinda liked the guy......

PORKIE

Threads
I'm here Guy's.

I'm not thin skinned but I asked a legitimate question and wanted an honest answer, not comedy.:)

7 acres is a little too much for Push Mowers @ 74 years old.:(

Again, best choice for a person with a bad back wanting a smooth ride.?

Sam:)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well you specifically asked for owners only to respond and this is the wrong forum for that.y
90% of the people who come here have a specific problem, they eventually get it fixed then move on never to be heard of again.
I don't own one so I did not respond.
However in general, they are both a drastic improvement on the standard rigid ZTR.
Which one is better is going to be quite subjective.
Even with suspension a ZTR driven quickly will be rough on your back on anything other than a bowling green.
If you like your current mowers my suggestion would be to get an adjustable air ride seat for your current mowers as both should have a lot more mowing time left in them.
You really need a seat with an air cushion so you can adjust it to your least discomfort level and try to mow slower .

bkeller500

Threads
Jumping in here because I just purchased a Simplicity Courier XT ( a beefier version of the Courier line for residential). When I made my final choice and had to drive almost 2-hours to a dealer that had the last one that close to me as my local guys are picked over and not restocking until spring 2022. So I was surprised when I arrived to also find Ferris at the same dealership. Comparing Simplicity and Ferris side by side only to find they merged some of the commercial heavy duty upgrades over to the Simplicity and a few Simplicity features over to Ferris. Both Ferris and Simplicity are owned and operated by Briggs & Stratton Company. I'm sure Ferris will maintain a dominance in the commercial line and Simplicity will focus on residential with a few Hi-bred offerings for those of us on the fence. My final inspection of the Courier XT before purchase was eye opening and comforting to see Ferris features on the Simplicity XT for about $1000 less. The other feature (The Simplicity deck with the striping roller) was a big plus for me.