WORX Cordless Robotic Lawn Mower for under $1000

I don't doubt it can cut a 1/4 acre, it will just be out there 24/7. Maybe if they invented a robotic mower that cut in straight lines they wouldn't always have to be out there.
 
Several things to consider about the Worx:
Does it have an alarm to deter theft, since it will be out mowing a long time at 7" width.
How much is the replacement battery?
The reviews seem to lean towards $1000 not well spent.
$1000 spent for a Toro Timemaster will cut fast and at the end of 5 years will still be worth something, unlike the Worx.
 
thanx for replying,

the mowers do have theft deterrent systems. Alarms if picked up or moved outside their 'area' and PIN protection to prevent others from using it. Mine will probably be dedicated to a side and back yard behind a fence. I'll still be mowing a front yard and other side myself with my greenworks twinforce, or possibly a newer single blade model. that's the plan at present anyway.

I suspect a replacement battery would be pricey - so are oil changes and fuel tank fill-ups


(at Amazon, the Landroid has better reviews than the Timemaster, about the same at HD)
 
Last edited:
I'm actually shopping for a robotic mower. Looking at this and a McCulloch

The McCulloch looks very similar to it's Husqvarna counterpart. And since McCulloch is part of the Husqvarna company that makes sense. I've seen way more long term reviews from the Husqvarna auto mowers and most have been favorable so that's the way I'd go.
 
$996.00 to cut a 7 inch wide swath..... ?? You are NOT serious ........ are you ??? I've weed-whipped entire parts of some some places you dare not, or can-not put a mower, using Echo & stihl trimmers.
 
$996.00 to cut a 7 inch wide swath..... ?? You are NOT serious ........ are you ??? I've weed-whipped entire parts of some some places you dare not, or can-not put a mower, using Echo & stihl trimmers.

not only that, it's a 'haphazard' (if not truly random) cutting path, yes, it 'feels' very disorganized , but, it can operate unattended and even at night. Kinda irksome to think about how often it may be running over places it has just mowed! still, people who have successfully managed to set them up properly seemed pleased with them.

I dunno, maybe I'd regret it.
 
Back
Top