wont move

wildbill

Threads
I just inherited a Craftsman, 48", rider. Its a couple years old, starts and runs good, but will not go forward or reverse. The drive belt is okay. This model has a pedal to push for going in either direction, and has a "cruise control" for selecting the speed you want. A little history is that this 'wont go' started as the mower starting to slow down, then was slower on an incline, then slower, and this was over the last few uses. Now it is a push mower..... yuck. I say the drive belt 'looks okay'. Does the tranny have a fluid fill cap? Is it low on fluid? I have not done a thing other than to clean it up. Help.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know about Craftsman, but the people here will need model information and maybe pictures will help. Just from description - it sounds like hydro fluid is low or if there is a hydro fluid filter - it may be plugged.

wildbill

Threads
Well, I removed the deck and found the drive belt to be a bit loose, actually it looked good as far as not being cracked and all, but when I compared it to a new one it was obvious it had a lot of wear. The thickness was off a lot. So, I'm back in the saddle again. And yes you are right, without the model # there can not be good reply's, only guessing. But thanks for the pointers.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!