Winter Care of Yard Force Lawnmower

GeorgeCB

Forum Newbie
Threads
I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently bought a Yard Force 40V 32cm Cordless Lawnmower with Lithium-ion Battery and Quick Charger LM G32 and I intend storing it in my garden shed over the Winter months (but not the battery, of course). Does anyone know if I should take any specific steps to ensure it is not affected by the cold and damp over the winter months - (here in the UK). I suppose my query would equally apply to any cordless mower so any advice will be much appreciated.

Best

George

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You can slip it into an old 100% cotton dooner cover .
This prevents condensation same as a lathe or motorcycle cover
The cotton will breathe

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome Aboard !!

I would cover it like Bert posted, last thing ya want is corrosion in the electric motor, etc.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Or wrap in free newspaper. It breathes too.

Wondering if freezing temps might crack the adhesive for the magnets on the motor or similar freeze damage?? Don't know how the magnets are installed. Most items don't fare well in super hot and cold action.

Gord Baker

Threads
I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I recently bought a Yard Force 40V 32cm Cordless Lawnmower with Lithium-ion Battery and Quick Charger LM G32 and I intend storing it in my garden shed over the Winter months (but not the battery, of course). Does anyone know if I should take any specific steps to ensure it is not affected by the cold and damp over the winter months - (here in the UK). I suppose my query would equally apply to any cordless mower so any advice will be much appreciated.

Best

George
RTFM. The Manual should give you storage Instructions. Check with Dealer. I suggets storing the battery fully charged and check voltage every month.