Windows?

Threads
Anyone ever had any dealings with Champion windows good, or bad? We are going to purchase replacement thermal windows for our home.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Anyone ever had any dealings with Champion windows good, or bad? We are going to purchase replacement thermal windows for our home.

Never heard of them but also we aren't neighbors. Sounds like a very good investment. I had my house reinsulated a few years back and I can see a big different.

mowerman05

Threads
Also never heard of them. I work in the glass industry and hear a lot of different names but not that one. also don't install replacement windows, just repair broken panes, auto glass, commercial storefronts, strip malls, etc.

Threads
I had checked them out, and got an estimate it wasnt to bad. I am getting Lowes to come out Friday for a 2nd estimate. I noticed the one difference is they put 98% argon in their thermal windows, and alot of the other brands only put in 60%.

mowerman05

Threads
When I replaced the windows in my home I went with a lower end window mainly because of price. 100% better than what I had before, didn't go with the argon only because I am not sure there is a benefit to the expense but did go with the low e glass. windows warrantys are only good as long as the company is in business, have seen many come and go. champion windows look to be a ok window, you can spend more to get a well known name or accept that champion will work for you. personal preference, like me spent less and really happy with my windows. I don't need andersons for my old house.:thumbsup:

Threads
When I replaced the windows in my home I went with a lower end window mainly because of price. 100% better than what I had before, didn't go with the argon only because I am not sure there is a benefit to the expense but did go with the low e glass. windows warrantys are only good as long as the company is in business, have seen many come and go. champion windows look to be a ok window, you can spend more to get a well known name or accept that champion will work for you. personal preference, like me spent less and really happy with my windows. I don't need andersons for my old house.:thumbsup:

He put a hand torch a few inches away on one side of the glass, and I could lay my hand on the other side and didnt feel the heat at all. I am going to wait for Lowes Friday though just to get a 2nd estimate, and see how well built their windows are.