Why wont my mower start on its own

beenthere

Threads
Is "WOT" the same as "WFO" ?? These technical terms confuse me.

:ROFLMAO:
Not sure of your question, maybe just being funny.
From a previous message in another thread, you said:
There is a Hi and Lo adjustment screw. Hi is for full throttle (aka "WFO"). Three guesses what Lo is for.
So maybe you know what WFO stands for, rather than WOT (wide open throttle)?

Hcube

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere d140, may not be the same carb, but the
choke helper spring in broken on mine and I have to help the
choke close for the engine to start.

The spring is not costly but the job to install it is a lot of work.
The choke shaft has to be removed to do the chore. (project)

jjordan189

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all first time on this forum I’m lookin for some help with my mower, I have a John Deere D105 I believe it has a 17hp engine on it. It will start off of starter fluid being sprayed into the carb. But it’ll just spin over with out it. I have checked the fuel solenoid it is working, I’ve changed the spark plug and made sure I’m getting spark which I am, I’ve changed the fuel filter, I’ve cleaned out the carb and made sure it was getting fuel into it, made sure there was nothing in the fuel lines it also has fresh gas in it so I’m not sure why it wont start I’ve tried checking everything I’ve known to check there doesn’t seem to be an electrical issue I could be wrong but I don’t believe there is if anyone has any ideas anything would be appreciated thank you.
I had the same problem with my Toro ZRT. It was determined that the spring that regulated the valve opening and closing had broken off.

enigma-2

Threads
Not sure of your question, maybe just being funny.
From a previous message in another thread, you said:

So maybe you know what WFO stands for, rather than WOT (wide open throttle)?
Old term meaning "weights fully out", (governor on steam engine). Engine running wide open.

Hilton43

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is "WOT" the same as "WFO" ?? These technical terms confuse me.

:ROFLMAO:
Getting fuel to the carb doesn’t complete the job, the carb mixes air with the fuel and delivers it to the engine. If it runs with starter fluid then it will run on the fuel/ air mixture. First check for a sticking needle valve, this is done by removing the carburetor bowl and gently lifting and lowering the float while observing the needle valve. It should move up and down freely and smoothly. The next thing to check is the fuel jet, you should run a small diameter wire through it ( I have used a single strand of a stranded copper wire, also a screen wire will work)