why i think i have have to buy from big box but you decide for me

bturner032002

Threads
  • / why i think i have have to buy from big box but you decide for me
thanks guys to everyone who replied. Looks like i will order the raptor from the big box. As far as the regular maintenance i should be fine to do it myself as i have a lot tools already from working on cars as a hobby.

bturner032002

Threads
If I was in your situation I would make sure you have a place to do warranty work and repairs BEFORE going the BBS route.I did this in reverse order but did find someone to help me.I also recommend getting the Raptor SD as the hydromatic drives are repairable and are more heavy duty.If you were only cutting your yard going with the basic Raptor would be fine in my opinion.

i would love to have the SD but i already set a budget before i started looking. I'm sure if i raised my budget to get the SD then I would probably want to raise it again to get the fastrak instead etc etc

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
thanks guys to everyone who replied. Looks like i will order the raptor from the big box. As far as the regular maintenance i should be fine to do it myself as i have a lot tools already from working on cars as a hobby.

I had read in another thread discussing the Hustler RSD and it was mentioned that Lowes would be selling them(and was that a good thing or a bad thing). This tends to justify my earlier remark that I considered it a bad thing. I just looked at Lowes.com and the 60" RSD is advertised at $4,499(with the kawa engine). Now if a Hustler dealer down the street from that Lowes cannot match that price(and still make a profit) I see it as a bad rap for their dealer network(on profits from what is a hot-selling new model). I know a lot of other makes(like Toro, Husqvarna, etc.) sell same models at a dealer or BBS but I would guess most of those dealers can compete fairly with the BBS chains and match a BBS price and still make a "little" money(apparently Lowes does at their cost, or they wouldn't be selling them). I would tell that dealer to complain to Hustler about what "he" is paying for the RSD from them vs. what Lowes is paying!!!!

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
My main question here is would you guys pay $627.00 more for the same mower to get it from a dealer over the big box store?

Didn't I say as for myself I would be looking at price? My answer is no.

bturner032002

Threads
Update

Was scanning craigslist and came across this mower couldnt pass this up. Its a 2010 cub cadet rzt 50" with 24hp kawasaki motor. It has 95 hours on the meter but the guy said he left the key on so the meter ran. He thinks it has about 25 hours. Got it for $1950.

image.jpg

serelaw

Threads
Looks good dude let us know how u like it...
For the money looks like a great deal.

Mike88se

Threads
That's a great looking mower and a good price. I think I believe the key left on story. I think you did good :thumbsup: