why buy from local dealer?

mammoth

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am in the market for a new mower. I'm looking to buy a Honda and was curious as to what benefit, other than the supporting small business, there it's to buying at the local Honda dealer in town versus buying at the home depot. Are the mowers the same? Are prices similar? Id like to buy local, but if it's $100 more for the same mower, it's hard to justify that. Thanks in advance for your help.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Me being on the repair side of things I look at purchase price. If you will need service after the sale I say it might be worth the extra money to buy from the dealer just maybe? depends on the dealer.

cashman

Threads
Yea it really depends on the dealer? Don't know if the mowers are any different. But if you have a rough yard to cut or have several family/friends using the mower, might be better off buying from the dealer if they are reputable and experienced with Honda. What happens after the sale is usually more important than the sale when it comes to lawnmowers. Most dealers will usually try to get what they sold repaired first when it comes to service and repair and parts availability. Where it could be more delay getting service and parts when dealing with the big box stores. But if your comfortable doing your own routine maintenance and have a relatively easy yard to mow and have had good luck with other mowers you've owned, and if there is a cheaper price at the box store, that would be a good option to buy from them also.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
"Don't buy in a box with instructions that fox!!"

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
The Honda mowers sold at independent dealers and Home Depot are the same; they are built on the same production line at the Honda plant in Swepsonville, NC. They have the same warranty, use the same parts, etc.

mammoth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm looking at the Honda HRR216K9VKA. Home depot has it for $399. The dealer in town has it for $439. That's 10% more. And I was curious if there was any benefit to buying one over the other.

GoPappy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok. Thanks for the info. I'm looking at the Honda HRR216K9VKA. Home depot has it for $399. The dealer in town has it for $439. That's 10% more. And I was curious if there was any benefit to buying one over the other.

That's $40 difference, not $100 (what you said in your first post). For $40, I'd buy from the dealer who should be there to support you if you have questions or problems after you buy it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Robert@Honda, I was sad to see that you did not support your dealers. I would have thought the your dealerships would come before the big box stores.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The difference is, "no worries mate I will hang on 1/2 hour till you pick up your repair" and "we close at 5pm sharp"
The difference is " no worries just drop it off & we will look at it " and "we are really buisy and won't be able to even book it in for another 2 weeks"
The local dealer will service his loyal bread & butter customers first because he valuse them & they value him.
Warrany jobs on external jobs go way way way down on the priority list, just slightly higher than repairs of machines they did not sell.
It is the difference between being charged like a friend and being charged by the book for every nut bolt washer & clip.
It is the difference between a shop that actually cares about you & your machine and an attendant who dosn't give a toss & will avoid doing anything to help you in any way should you have any problems.
t is the difference between some one who will happily fuel & oil up the mower then walk you through how to get the best out of your mower and some one who will angle for the extra 1% commission by making you take the home delivery option.
And finally the dealer will dispose of all of the packaging and know if anything is missing. The big box shop will assume you are an idot & lost it or a liar & are wrangling for another free of charge.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Robert@Honda, I was sad to see that you did not support your dealers. I would have thought the your dealerships would come before the big box stores.

Robert@Honda is only pointing out a fact, and I see no wrong in that.